Why Do We Feel Drained After Fapping? How To Recover Quickly?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by LinuxMint, Jan 6, 2016.

1. LinuxMint

LinuxMint New Member

Greets,

So after fapping, we all feel drained. I assume that for most or all of us, the drained feeling isn't a good drained feeling. A drained feeling after sex is good. But not after fapping.

What causes us to feel that way?

I thought it was that we lost testosterone when we fapped, but now I believe that's not true.
    Is it too much dopamine or too little?
    Is it low prolactin levels?

I take herbal supplements to boost testosterone. I'm looking to add natural supplements for dopamine, like Gingko Biloba.

Basically, what I want is a quick fix. If I do give in and fap, I want to recover asap. I want to get back to feeling 100% as quickly as possible. I want to identify exactly what chemical(s) goes out of whack when we fap, and then identify supplements that will fix the problem fast.

2. Newnes

Newnes Well-Known Member Staff Member

You do recover that wanting a quick fix, wanting to be 100% after doing something wrong (relapsing isn't the end of the world, but it is wrong) will have bad consequences? You'll need to take lots of supplements at once, with possible side effects, and train yourself to mis-act without any consequence. This is a very bad education you want to give yourself here.

That being said I don't really have an answer. I would speculate that cortisol, dopamine, prolactin, progesterone and serotonin are involved. So adaptogens could help - but they usually don't work as a quick fix.

Some matcha tea (theanine + caffeine) can attenuate the effects, though.

3. LinuxMint

LinuxMint New Member

Thanks for that. I just did a web search on matcha tea. I guess that means green tea? Interestingly, I just switched to green tea from coffee in the past few days. My reading on prolactin and dopamine mentioned green tea as a potential benefit.

I have not heard of adaptogens before. I'll have a look.

I take natural supplements to increase my testosterone levels. I'm not sure why that would be a bad thing. I don't take pharmaceuticals ever, unless I have a rare headache.

4. Newnes

Newnes Well-Known Member Staff Member

Matcha is powdered green tea that has grown in the shadow. It's more potent, and especially more concentrated in theanine.

Adaptogens basically help your body & mind regain balance - either from too much stress or not enough. They're usually very safe to use.