Wet Dreams

Discussion in 'Erectile Dysfunction / Delayed Ejaculation' started by John Ball, Oct 31, 2021.

1. John Ball

John Ball Active Member

This might be a bit of a stupid question, but do wet dreams impact our recovery? I am currently on day 97, and a few nights ago had one, I need to make this attempt work.

2. Charliey Melchor

Charliey Melchor New Member

I highly doubt they do,as it's not a conscious effort,it probably does more good then harm

John Ball likes this.
  3. seer

seer New Member

Either way, the worst thing we can do is worry about them.

Wet dreams make me feel like shit for a few days, but the turn around is much quicker than if it were to look at P, or orgasming intentionally.

Speaking from experience the following seem to increase the likelihood of wet dreams:
    - Arousal (particularly in the evening)
    - Disrupting my sleeping pattern (causing REM rebound)
    - Sleeping in

We can't ever completely prevent them, but the above do seem to help reduce them. Just stay focused on your goals: no P and whatever else you're doing to facilitate your reboot.

John Ball likes this.
  4. John Ball

John Ball Active Member

Thanks for the replies

5. shattered

shattered Member

It was a really great question that I also thought about from a different perspective. I had never ever had a wet dream in my life well into my 30's. When I finally did the no PMO thing I think (not completely sure) I had one 95 or so days into it.
    It's kind of motivated me to give up PMO again for longer than 100 days.

6. Guts

Guts Active Member Staff Member

NO, they don't. It can feel like they do, but they don't have any effect on your recovery.

Pete McVries likes this.