Videogames, facebook, PMO.. easy. Internet ban next!

Discussion in 'Internet Addiction' started by johnnyfive, May 12, 2013.

1. johnnyfive

johnnyfive New Member

Hey guys, been no PMO for 30 days, seeing some benefits but starting to tackle other areas of my life now. Stopped videogames a few years ago and deleted Facebook a couple of months ago. Still feel like I miss out on some things (especially friends abroad) but the benefits outweigh the negatives - at least until I've got better control of my internet addiction.

I finish up the work I've got in a couple of days so seems like the perfect time to put in place a more strict ban. Not sure how harsh I want to go, i feel like I still need access to professional email because I'm in the process of interviewing for new jobs so I'll need to check that at least once per day (might set a specific time, e.g. 7am. Less likely to mess around in the morning than at night). I also want to keep posting on here because I think it helps with progress so i'll add that to my 7am schedule.

Apart from that I don't 'need' the internet.

I'm posting this now so that I commit to it and I'll update every 7 days to let you all know how it's going. Wish me luck!

2. cikatomo

cikatomo New Member

good luck!