Too Late to the Party?

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Saville, May 15, 2016.

1. Mozenjo

Mozenjo Well-Known Member

That sums it up very well, my friend.

Saville likes this.
  2. Libertad

Libertad Well-Known Member

Great post, well said. The practice of PMO really poisons our minds, character and spirit and because of this affect it rubbs of on everything we come in contact with afterwards. I was always disgusted about myself and wanted to hide and do nothing with my life for days after a heavy binge session with PMO.

Saville likes this.
  3. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Wife was feeling better and initiated sex. Cue the astonished double take! :D O'ing with a partner = warmth and good feelings. It's interesting how we get different chemical responses from real sex, as opposed to MO. Lots of "experts" see MO as good, necessary even. I think if you're an adolescent it can be good practice, but not once one has grown into a man. MO must always lead to FMO, because the brain seeks further stimulation. This means we lose the ability to be and stay in the moment. PMO takes MO/FMO to a new level, where any sense of naturalness is gone.

Yesterday I saw a dog playing fetch with its owner. It was so happy. Even if that owner had yelled at the dog moments earlier, the dog wasn't in that moment anymore. No, it loved playing fetch and that's all that mattered.

Mozenjo, wintersturme and Libertad like this.
  4. Mozenjo

Mozenjo Well-Known Member

That's awesome!
    All true. I can certainly attest to how MO has kept me from attaining real satisfaction, for pretty much my entire life. The addiction workbook I read a few months ago even lists it as a tool to keep from acting out in more extreme ways. I see what they're saying there, but in my case, it was just a daily habit that dulled my senses and was the problem, not any kind of solution.

Hope all is well with you, my friend.

Last edited: May 15, 2022 at 5:27 PM
    Saville and Libertad like this.