Too Late to the Party?

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Saville, May 15, 2016.

1. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks for asking, Matt. Thanks also to Clovis, Moz and GMS.

I'm doing pretty well. I found out I have low thyroid function, which probably explains why I suddenly crashed and burned this past fall. Having very little energy and feeling kind of weird meant I used a bit of P to help give me a boost. I'm on meds now so hopefully that helps me turn the corner. I think I've been hypo for a long time and just got used to not having a lot of energy; so I guess it isn't all down to using P. o_O 40new30 used to write a lot about our adrenals and thyroid and I guess he was bang on. He used a lot of supplements and wrote extensively on how they impacted his health.

Still having sex about once every ten days with the wife. She would rather beat me off, but I almost always make her take her panties off for the pork sword.:cool: Mostly I do gardening these days, a place where old men go to hide and not think about much. I would like to read more but my wife is constantly around because of Covid and the fact that she's working from home. Hearing her voice all day on Zoom triggers my PTSD. lol Her voice would slice an alligator open at 20 paces. You can hear it during hurricane force winds. I'll be dead in my coffin and her voice will be haunting me as she screams: "I told you NOT TO WEAR SHOES IN THE HOUSE!" :eek:

Matt2020, Gil79 and Give Me Strength like this.
  2. Give Me Strength

Give Me Strength Active Member

Hello Saville,
    Our wives may be sisters!

Hope the meds help you turn the corner but in all it sounds like things are going well for you. My energy has been low for MANY years... had a Dr check once and all was normal. I do believe mine is PMO related.

Enjoy the gardening... it is a great way to relax. I have some figs trees. They grow just about anywhere and I love figs.

Peace brother and great work staying clean!!!

GMS

Saville likes this.
  3. Clovis6

Clovis6 Active Member

Hi Saville, seeing as you mentioned that you do gardening, might now be a good time to take on a new project in your garden? It would provide you with a creative challenge, physical exercises, as well as the novelty of trying something new. All of those might be really good substitutes for PMO.

4. Saville

There's no question that PMO robs us of energy. But, low thyroid can compound things, as well. I had my thyroid checked before and was always told it was fine. Now all of a sudden it's very low. I think for a long it was at the very bottom of normal.

For sure! Not having any issues with PMO at the moment, only with the wife. lol But, you're right, having projects is a necessity to getting and staying healthy. Maybe I'll become an instagram influencer! :D

Give Me Strength likes this.
  5. Give Me Strength

Hi Saville,
    I have a yearly physically coming up soon... I will ask Dr to check thyroid.

Thanks,
    GMS

6. Clovis6

Clovis6 Active Member

Hi Saville, I suppose tht you could try growing some flowers in your garden to give to your wife:)

Give Me Strength likes this.
  7. Saville

That's a good plan! Maybe I'll plant mums so that she'll stay quiet. ;) I think I'm going to try and grow some veggies. I'll start with easy ones like zucchini and carrots.

8. Give Me Strength

Get some fig trees!

Saville likes this.
  9. Boxer17

Boxer17 Active Member

That one gave me a good chuckle!!:p:D:p

Saville likes this.
  10. Clovis6

Clovis6 Active Member

That sounds like a good project. You also get the joy and satisfaction of eating veggies that you have grown yourself.

Boxer17 and Saville like this.
  11. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

Hmm- very interesting.

Saville likes this.
  12. Marksman

Marksman New Member

Dude the emptiness you explained in your early post describes me to a T. My marriage is falling apart and I can't even cry.

I want to cry. I feel that I should cry, but I am empty.

I realize I am likely losing my wife and crushing my 6 children. Where are the tears? I have a feeling that when they come.......

Saville likes this.
  13. realness

realness Member

hey man, thanks for what you've shared in your journal. I made it all the way through as a new guy here. I really appreciate your transparency in addressing nice guy syndrome, whether or not to MO, and asserting yourself in your marriage. You reference a lot of things that you have come across by reading. Did you pick reading back up after you started your journal or is reading a lifelong thing that you did even while stuck in PMO?

Saville likes this.
  14. Saville

The emptiness is real, for sure. Giving up PMO is a great first step, obviously. I didn't think I'd ever feel again, but every year without PMO make life better. Don't give up on your marriage and children. Unless your wife is a caustic bitch you can change the dynamic of the relationship by reclaiming who you really are. Your wife fell in love with something really awesome in you and that is still there, just waiting to jump out.

positivef and realness like this.
  15. Saville

Thanks for posting, bro'. I've been a life long reader. But, until I gave up PMO a lot of the stuff didn't penetrate. I was looking for a magic bullet, instead of doing the work, myself. In other words, I wanted the book to do the heavy lifting. It is essential, as many others have said, to work on all aspects of ourselves. It's hard, it's tiring, but the pay off is worth it. You don't get the views if you don't climb the mountain. If someone drives you up to the top in a car the beauty soon fades, because it's the car's enlightenment, not your own.

Oh, yeah, and MO is fucked. It seems benign, but masturbating holds us back big time. We rewire with a woman/man or live as a monk.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    realness and Mozenjo like this.
  16. Mozenjo

Mozenjo Well-Known Member

Everything about this post resonates with me. I'm starting over again, and I will revisit these words regularly. You've had a million posts with your signature brand of wisdom, but this is the latest, and is succinct enough that maybe thick-headed numbskulls like me can finally take inspiration and translate it into action. Thank you.

Saville and realness like this.
  17. realness

realness Member

One of the points my counselor drove home was that I intellectualize things and fail to act on them. Such a simple thing but she caught me doing that so many times, in so many aspects of my life. Your journal has reminded me of that in your calls for action.

positivef and Saville like this.