Too Late to the Party?

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Saville, May 15, 2016.

1. Libertad

Libertad Well-Known Member

Really great post, Saville. I was always too afraid to make a mistake and look bad and so I made the biggest one to change nothing and my comfort zone with women, work and life in general got smaller and smaller. It really is time to reverse the situation and take the risk of making a few mistakes to growth and learn. Another well earned kick in my lazy and anxious butt. o_O

Bobo and Saville like this.
  2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member

Yes changing the comfort zone with women is rough and tough. Did you guys ever wonder why women are attracted to "bad boys?" I will tell you if you dont know --BAD BOYS DONT GIVE A SHIT! All of us have seen when we get pissed how women are more soluticious, more compliant. Not abusive but like Heather says "I want a man with balls, not one where I keep his balls in my purse. A man with balls makes my panties wet makes me want him." When you're a MR NICE GUY this can be really tough the first few times. I have been a semi professional dancer for a long while and since I adopted the " I don't give a shit attitude" when I quit pmo over 1 1/2 tears ago women are like totally attentive. I am not a outstanding member of the male race just regular. I dont think when it comes to personal attraction that even the feminazis want a enoch. Those that do are shall we say "challenged!" Yes, I know but "you have Heather dude!" Yup but I think she knows I dont give a shit, I care but I am not gonna take her shit.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Outsider. and Saville like this.
  3. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Giving up PMO redefined our marriage. My energy changed and then my outlook on life did too. As more of this new energy began to pervade the house the wife began to look at me differently. It was unconscious on the wife's part. She was just responding to her in-built DNA. I also began to view my wife as a two year old, something I've mentioned before. So, when she was busy trying to get her way it just didn't bother me that much. It was like a short-lived puff of wind that scatter leaves about, but then falls silent. I redefined for myself what being a husband looked like. Before, I believed a husband should be an equal helper. I also believed I had to solve her issues, because, yes, I was infected with nice guy syndrome. It was telling that as soon as she would get angry I would get cleaning. Essentially I was pussified...except I wasn't getting any pussy.o_O

Setting boundaries, going to counselling, never works, because inherent in all that is enormous criticism. And, unless the other person has had a revolution of spirit they are never going to want the status-quo to change. Giving up PMO allowed the paradigm to shift and then change happened in the relationship organically. The key to much of this change, though, was making sure the wife knew that we were going to have sex once-a-week. I bugged her relentlessly. A couple of times she even yelled at me telling me that I was abusing her. She literally freaked out. Why? Because, she was terrified of losing her power base. I had my hands on her all the time, because I intuited that this was the way. It was clumsy and made me vulnerable to her verbal attacks, but it worked. Again, as I've mentioned here many times, action is key. If we don't act upon our desires then nothing ever changes. My wife might have freaked out about me pawing her, but at least the narrative was shifting; we weren't hashing over the same shit anymore. My wife now reaches out to touch me. Turns out we both actually like hugging, holding, and pawing. ha ha

There are so many single women out there. If we put ourselves in their spaces we will find someone to connect with. I like big butts and I can not lie... LOL :D

Bingo!

You're so right. I just lost a very close friend, he died in an auto accident. I'm sure he didn't think that day, as he left for work, that he wouldn't have any more time left. I'm still sad about his death, but it also activated more desire to really live my life and not just let time go by.

Exactly. We care deeply for our partner, but we aren't handing them our balls and putting on a dress.

I'm doing well. Giving up booze has really been a game changer. It was another big shift in my relationship with myself. Alcohol just hides our self from our self. I haven't lost any weight for about a month, but I haven't gained any, either. I've been reading a ton, which helps to keep my mind active and curious.

Hope everyone is having a cool day!:cool:

4. Outsider.

Outsider. Turning Simple Disciplines Into Massive Success

Epic!
    Thank you to be here @Saville :)

Saville likes this.
  5. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member

Hmm-- now that might be an interesting sexual situation. I asked Heather once ( tongue in cheek) something like that and she made the puke sign in mouth and started to crack up ! " What the fuck! Your so crazy !" Yup that's why you loves me! Wanna fuck toots ?":D:eek::D:D

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Saville likes this.
  6. Outsider.

Outsider. Turning Simple Disciplines Into Massive Success

Uncle @Saville where are you???
    Hope you're doing well my friend. Looking forward to seeing you back here very soon

-Luke- and Saville like this.
  7. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Member

I've been reading your journal and I came across your description of the type of p you once used. The homosexual one.

I was wondering if it had any effect on your mental health at the time? Did it raise any question concerning your sexuality?

I'm asking this because I had a period in my early twenties when I was obsessing over that particular question. I could not lift it up the first time I tried to have sex (obviously now because I was hooked on p) and it all went downhill from there. At one time I believed I was in the closet and in denial of the situation, because I could not get turned on by a real girl. Have I been watching homosexual p at the time it would have destroyed me.

Obviously, I'm younger than you so maybe that is a silly question.

I know, my question is a bit intense for a first encounter! lol

8. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Hey @Bobo and @Outsider. thanks for posting and looking in on me! :) I'm doing well, but needed a break. I also went on holiday and I never check the forum while I'm away. Wife and I are getting along well and my libido is excellent...a little too excellent as I've been fantasizing about the neighbors wife. o_O The other day she gave me a long hug, too long, and I could feel the sparks. So, I am now keeping my distance. Before I would have been figuring out ways to fuck her and she would've been prime jack-off material, but that was a different person. I also defriended another woman on facebook, as she began to message me regularly. Giving up PMO means being austere in all aspects of one's life.

@NewHorizon , thanks for stopping by! :) My go-to P was not gay. I always started with vanilla stuff, but after years looking at "regular" P it didn't do it for me the same way. I had difficult staying hard and cumming so I ventured further afield. This is how insidious P is. It takes our healthy desire for intimacy (sex) and twists it into something ugly. Anyway, to answer your question, no, it didn't make me wonder about my sexuality. However, if I'd been younger I have no doubt it would have. Again, this is how awful P is for a person's psyche. The only way to find out for sure how you feel about your sexuality is to stop using P. I had all kinds of unhealthy thoughts when I was PMO'ing every day. Now that I've been away from it for over three years my appetites are "normal."

The worse thing about using P is that it robs us of energy and direction. I wasted decades fapping away my motivation. The question isn't whether we're straight or gay. The question is: what kind of life do we want to lead? Once you give up P for a time (probably 120 days) you will begin to see wonderful new vistas where you want to go. Despite all the crap we are deluged with every day, all the negativity in life, and all the stressors, the world is still intensely beautiful. It takes a bit of courage to reach out for it, but just a little bit. We can all decide this very day to do things differently.

9. Dr. Senator

Dr. Senator New Member

Even though I'm not 30 yet, I am getting a lot of wisdom nuggets from this region of the forum!

A lot of wise words to live by!!!

10. forlorn

forlorn Active Member

LOL @ this situation with the neighbours wife. Yes, keeping your distance would be a good idea. You're a whole house apart :)

Good to have you back on the forum, hope you enjoyed the holiday.

Boxer17, Saville and Bobo like this.
  11. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member

I think that says it all. Its the bottom line! There is no more to say that is as powerful and sensible.

Saville likes this.
  12. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Member

Thank you for answering my question! It answers it extensively.

I'm happy to read the threads of people older than me because it gives a lot of insight that I could not come up with alone. This is why this forum is so great.

I totally agree that p robs us from energy and direction. I always "subconsciously" thought I was just a lazy person and even boring, as it was a fact of my life. Now I'm wondering what if it's because my reward system is all ****** up? The truth is I was not that way when I was a kid.

Boxer17 and Saville like this.