Time to heal

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by forlorn, Nov 28, 2018.

1. badger

badger Active Member

Forlorn my brother,
    I do the cold showers. supposedly it increases testosterone. i don't know how factual that is. i do it because it's regulated stress. called hormesis. a little stress helps your immune system. i don't know if this is bro science. but the main reason i do it is because i don't want to do it. it is cold and uncomfortable. if i do it early in the morning, i figure it helps if something uncomfortable or something that i don't want to do but have to comes along in my daily routine. i have already put up with the hard part-cold showers. especially in the wintertime. not perfect. i don't always do it. sometimes i take the easy comfortable warm shower. i need to be reminded that i live a very comfortable life that is literally killing me. i.e. good, warm, sweet food-sugar. salty fat laden french fries. high sugar drinks. nice warm bed indoors. etc. etc. again just my 2 cents worth.

Mozenjo likes this.
  2. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Cold showers can be very good. I take my usual shower and then at the end of it slowly dial back the warm water until the cold is taking my breath away. It is invigorating and sends a message to some part of me that I can take the discomfort. There are both physical and psychological benefit to doing it.

Old Tom Bombadil and Mozenjo like this.
  3. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Perhaps you missed it but the paragraph you quoted actually mentions that I am married - although in truth we live our lives more like friends than lovers. There is no sexual intimacy and we haven't attempted it in over 5 years.

It's been a stressful day, it seems there are so many things going on at the moment including various decisions affecting my property, some of which have huge financial implications. I feel as if I'm being pulled in all angles and facing a lot of uncertainty. That being said, I'm doing my best to face up to my responsibilities. I'm around 3 to 4 weeks free of PMO and currently have no desire to relapse.

Thanks for your comments about the showers - what you said makes sense. I'm going to start warm and ease myself into cooler temperatures :)

4. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

Hi @Elon musk the comments about cold water were directed at other members who posted above.

Anyway, I apologize if what I wrote to you came across as rude, that was not my intention. Also, welcome to the forum :)