The Rogues' Gallery [GROUP]

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by Pedigree, Jun 17, 2013.

1. CidGuerreiro

CidGuerreiro Well-Known Member

Don't wait. Forget about it. Live your life to the fullest and not like you're recovering from something.

2. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

Living life to the fullest is something I've never learned how to do. My life used to be an endless dark tunnel, at intervals broken by sessions of PMO/M. With those things out, there's just the darkness. And recovery is supposed to look like that.

I''ll exercise more and consider finding more productive ways to use my time.

3. CidGuerreiro

People mistake "living life to the fullest" with partying like a meth head and having sex with a different woman a day. But it doesn't have to be like that.

Tell you what, if you fill your days with proactivity and work for things that last, you're living life. Exercise to build your body and a healthy lifestyle, find something that you like to do and that will last (arts, writing, whatever), travel the world or even your country, learn new things everyday.

To live life has nothing to do with having orgasms and getting wasted.

4. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

CidGuerreiro, I read your post the day you wrote it, somehow the group slipped my mind. You're absolutely right, and I'm trying to look at other things than relationships/sex for enjoyment. I've done 24 days of rebooting now, which is my best effort of the reboots I've started this year. Finally I have been able to hold my motivation in place through urges and depression! No escaping hasn't happened. No P, no M'ing, fantasies I've done my best to cut short, and I have. Of course I've seen a lot of fragments, I just haven't indulged in them, and now they seem to be more and more infrequent = flatlining.

Rebooting is a source of joy for me right now. A rebooted day doesn't fly me to the moon, but I feel satisfaction and pride. Both have been rare feelings in my life, I'm sorry to say.

How is everybody doing?

5. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

Better than in the last six months or so. This is day 35!

6. tsmith1302

tsmith1302 Active Member

The two of you are keeping this group alive...

7. Sammy3000

Sammy3000 We are no longer the hollow men

I'm still alive and kicking. Just super busy o_o

8. CidGuerreiro

I haven't been posting much either here or in my own journal. Sometimes you just gotta step back for a while.

9. Sammy3000

I know what you mean Cid. Just coming on here seems to veer my mind towards temptation in the coming hours.

10. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

Had a tough day today, but made it through it. 51 days completed!

I think it's also dangerous to not post in a while. I think we've all seen our friends stay away from the board, only to return to report a relapse. A man by himself can forget why he is fighting. PMO is a lonely man's business, the support here is great!

11. Sammy3000

It's also at times dangerous to post here. I find at times it seems to raise alarms and triggers. But I agree with you mate. The support I've received over time from the folks on here has helped me through some rough times.

12. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

Well done on 20 days, Sammy3000! This is day 55 for me. After a few easy weeks I had a few tough days, I even felt momentarily that I would give in and relapse, but I was able to talk myself out of it. I hope that by not thinking about sex the beast will sleep again, and that easier days will follow. On my record reboot of 144 days, days 2-4 were a tough struggle, a constant bombardment of fantasies + urges, and the same happened for a few days around day 50. Then I had one day of that beyond day 100. On day 145 I had the next tough urges and fell, partly because I thought I had a handle on this, that I couldn't be fooled again. I have to keep this in mind, that the reboot and recovery will be made or lost on just a handfull of days across a long span of time. On most days the urges are easily manageable, if they are there at all.

13. Sammy3000

Thanks buddy. I felt similar progress in my journey as well. On my first, and only reboot I've done so far, around day 50 had urges side blind me. I had one day on day 105 I think then no movement until 157. And then it was the culmination of a stressful month, losing a girl I cared deeply about, then all of sudden having my ego boosted by multiple gorgeous women but no way to release the tension. I seem to be most successful when I'm not thinking of the long term goal but ride out the temptations as they come. It's a lot like being on a dinghy sailing from Phoenicia across the Atlantic ocean to the Americas. It's long. And it's hard. But you have to take it one wave at a time.

14. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

I couldn't resist a nude pic. Oh, well. It's not like I haven't begun counting from zero before.

15. CidGuerreiro

One jerk off to a nude picutre isn't going back to zero.

16. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

No, not speaking of recovery. And I didn't even jerk off, I just saw the picture. I knew there would be a such picture in that magazine, I thought I shouldn't, but helpless to resist. The picture doesn't bother me. It was some photograph of a naked woman, taken perhaps in the thirties. What bothers me that I had seen the picture in that mag from the corner of my eye when someone else had been reading it. This happened a week or two ago. The picture haunted me. I could resist the temptation to look at it, but only for a time. The bottom line is, I knew there was a naked picture in that magazine, I knew that I should leave it alone, but went against my rules and saw it. There was no rush involved. The picture was quite tame as you can imagine.

17. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

Day zero. Here we go again.

18. CidGuerreiro

It's never day zero.

19. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

That's a point, progress is made if the acting out becomes more infrequent. But the advanced recovery, when acting out stops altogether... I dream of that state as teenage kids dream of getting laid.

20. TruettW

TruettW Active Member

Day zero. Here we go again.