The rocky road to who knows where

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Haller_79, May 28, 2016.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

The reason that you're browsing is that your brain is looking for the dopamine high. Just watching some vids or having sexual fantasies gives your brain a little bit of dopamine to just meet its minimal requirements yo be soothed for a while. But it will also increase the hunger for more dopamine. Just watching some vids and cams will not be enough next time to get the same kick and there will be serious risk of cascading down to a full PMO. I hope you can find the strength to regroup and avoid also the milder forms of acting out. Strength!

2. Haller_79

Haller_79 Member

I've no doubt you're right on that. I did once achieve the 90 days total abstinence (no browsing anything in a skirt), but found it took a lot out of me. This is how the monkey brain works I guess.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

That's an amazing accomplishment! Was complete abstinence easier than this?

4. Haller_79

Haller_79 Member

It was hard. To be honest part of the reason I was able to accomplish it was that at the time I was both doing it for myself, but also doing it with a certain girl in mind, that I thought if I could be the perfect all round guy and quit for good she would end up being my girl too. It didn't quite work out like that, but my point is I think that the extra motivation/goal she provided me was what got me to 90 days.