The Road Goes Ever On

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Eternity, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

I am sure you can still make it a nice day and weekend. I guess you had the friday evening blues again. Dont be hard on yourself: 3 weeks is awesome. Keep on going!

2. trapped7

trapped7 "what you resist persists"

Three weeks is a really good streak.
    You can get there again if you want, you certainly have it in you.

3. Eternity

Eternity Patience

Ye olde chaser struck last night. Decided to take it easy today, slept in late (for me) and did some work outside (might contradict "easy" but there's no stress.) Soon it's dark, though, and the rest of the day remains. The problem is really only when I go to bed, so I'll do what I can.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

Outside work is awesome. It makes you ground and connect to yourself. The winter period is difficult in that sense because it naturally 'locks you up' inside in the evenings.

5. Eternity

Eternity Patience

No success to break the streak of evening MOs this week. I shouldn't go to bed when I'm not sleepy enough, but I keep worrying that anything less than 8 hours won't be enough. But really, 7 hours and no MO is likely better rest.

I think I've found a reason to keep trying. I need to fight for the climate. It infuriates me to see how nothing changes. The leaders don't care unless there's profit involved. I think the people need to take matters into their own hands, and I want to help. The problem, however, is that all I do is to feel sorry for myself. I'm incredibly selfish, and I credit that to the addiction. I've got the means to give the planet a helping hand, but not the right mindset. I need to focus on the bigger picture. Maybe this will help me beat the addiction, but I need to actually put in an effort. It won't happen just because I want it to.

6. Eternity

Eternity Patience

In a foul mood which is expected early on. At least I got through last night, but it's not going to be a fun Friday evening. Still, each day should be an improvement.

I've bought some bird feeding stations which I will put up on Saturday. I want to help out in the wintertime, and that should be a nice change to only helping myself all the time. I want to get a cat, but first I need to take some control over my life.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

I guess that the cat will also be very pleased with the bird feeding stations . Stay healthy today/tonight and enjoy a nice weekend!

8. Eternity

Eternity Patience

Fridays, my bane. Gave in again. The reasons are many, but the strongest contender is that: all pressure from the week is off and results in celebratory mood. However, due to loneliness I think that there's nothing better to do, and that it doesn't really matter. I know that there are divided opinions about gaming here, but for me, anything to do that's not P seems beneficial.

I didn't turn on the computer last night until I made the wrong choice. I've said it before, and it seems that there is no other way: when these situations occur, I need to come here to write. Preferably, I should write here at least once a day.

@Gilgamesh Yeah, that's inevitable, but as long as it keeps the vermin away I'll allow it to drool over birds.