The Naked Truth - 40's Edition

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by TrueSelf, Aug 16, 2021.

1. TrueSelf

TrueSelf Active Member

I am starting a new thread as I have crossed over to the 40s group. Here's my old thread: https://yourbrainrebalanced.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-naked-truth.117008/ Still have issues with PMO. Lasting recovery remains challenging elusive.

I would like to use this thread to gain some forward momentum of "clean" days.

After using yesterday while I was alone in the house. I thought how about one of the aspects I dislike the most about PMO is that it can make me feel like a prisoner. I am left with the feeling that I have no choice and will "always" use when certain circumstances are present. I hope to be able to shrug off these handcuffs and remember that I "always have a choice" in the manner that I live my life.

Alfie likes this.
  2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

Your strong v will carry you through !

TrueSelf likes this.
  3. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Yep. Amen!

TrueSelf likes this.
  4. TrueSelf

TrueSelf Active Member

Let's see . I'm a couple days clean. I had some vivid dreams last night. I'm interested in Lucid Dreaming but I have only been able to accomplish it once.
    I've also started yet another recovery program. I purchased it online. So far it involves listening to a series of short audio clips. I'll report back if it ends up being helpful.
    One of my big issues with conquering PMO is that I get burned out on recovery efforts. If only recovery could be quick and low effort!:D

Saville likes this.
  5. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

LOL right! I feel the same way about food, too. Why can't I eat what I want and not gain weight?

This is the crux of it. It is easy to start things, but to follow through is another matter. But, you have the grit to do it, TrueSelf!

TrueSelf and Mad Dog like this.
  6. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

ROck on TRUE SELF. !!!!!

TrueSelf likes this.
  7. badger

badger Active Member

recovery for me is always at the forefront but i have a life. what i mean is i am busy, too busy to even think about pmo. but not just busy for the sake of being busy. i have a purpose. i have goals. big and small goals. when i concentrate on one of these goals it is hard to concentrate on pmo. i can't multi task that way. and for that i am grateful. now don't get me wrong. i am not important. my goals are not going to change the world, but they are changing me. examples: i will finish this book by x date. i will work out in the morning before i go to work. after work i will practice my music from x to y oclock. i have a daily schedule with positive events in it. also i have a wife and kids i have to fit in there. no room for pmo. another one of my ramblings. hang in there.

Mad Dog and TrueSelf like this.