The Cake is a Lie

Discussion in 'Ages 20-24' started by InsideOut, Aug 26, 2012.

1. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

MDMA, LSD, Fight Club/Limitless, but not speed. Having neither except of.

2. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

3. ModusVivendi

ModusVivendi New Member

Damn I just watched that, pretty sad. What I don't understand is, why doesn't he change his flaws? Are people really that oblivious to their own flaws? Why do they feel sorry for themselves when clearly they're not competent enough???

4. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

I don't know as well. But you may notice that he seem quite informed about what holds him back. But for some reason he ignores it and afraid to do something with them. Maybe it is the fear of going out the comfort zone. Maybe it is the fear of success (which is, in fact, the same). Maybe it is the fear of losing his present identity as a fat (let's call a spade a spade) funny dressed nerd with escapist interests and no chances. Anything sounds familiar? It does for me at least, I can relate to all that things. I know no way out of this yet, unfortunately. Trying to for last two or three years, but no consistent solution. Maybe no-fapping will act as a catalyst (I guess I already mentioned it several times here, lol), so I'm starting again today or tomorrow.

I guess I would post some advice in comments underneath the video (despite of the fact that guy hadn't show up yet, if you watched the whole series, some other characters did, though), but I am in doubt that I have a right to do so since I don't exercise what I preach by myself.

5. ModusVivendi

ModusVivendi New Member

InsideOut you got me watching all 4 episodes of that show, lol. Would totally bang the chick from 3rd episode.

6. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

Me too, lol. She seem the most adequate of all of them.

7. CleanHands

CleanHands Guest

Agreed. Girl 2 lacked class and style, but Brittany was perfect.

Good analysis bro! I think that's it. Change is too scary for many people(including me)

8. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

She lacked gym in the first place... Look at that belly, it is quite simply manageable (in contrary to the first guy), but for some reason she isn't fixing it.

And I feel that this problem is very common on forum too. For some reason most of us here (including me) have no drive to generally make our lives better. I don't know the answer, but it seems like it is crucial to our survival.

I lack direction (linking with the previous paragraph). Usually it doesn't bother me and I can find something to fill in the emptiness inside, but now I can't. I am drifting from nowhere to nowhere, wasting my youth and I am unable to find something to lean on. If this won't change, I will end in catastrophe, that's for sure. And it seems that time is up, I am starting to receive ultimatums. Merely, I am 21 and I am nothing except for my geeky interests. It can not last forever for many reasons. And I also (probably) won't fit into mediocrity and automatism. So there are only two ways, killing myself one way or the other: change radically or get shot at the age of ~30. But I doesn't see the path I want to step and I generally lack the desire to be happy and be perfect. I don't know why, but I'd better do. I'm curious to know what drives you, guys, why it does so and how did you get there. I want answers.

9. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

10. CleanHands

CleanHands Guest

The idea of being homeless or dependent on others keeps me going man. Even when I had my job and hated it, it was still better than having to sleep on the streets or asking your family for support.

11. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

For some reason it doesn't terrify me since I stupidly believe that things get arranged "somehow". At least, I can always get a shitty job or something like that. Maybe I just never got the clear perspective though.

Something got them started. Maybe they're alphas from nature and always the their direction, but I doubt they'd end up here in such a case. I discussed it with my friend recently, and he told me not to try solve the metaphysical issues (which weren't resolved by the whole philosophy for thousands of years, actually) and just try and to "something", anything. Try to find some reasons as well. But I wonder how one can put a consistent prolonged effort with seemingly nothing in the end and also have hard time searching for reasons. There is also a possibility that eventually you just simply get caught and start to enjoy things, and many of enjoyable things will emerge as well. Who knows. Trying to adopt Timothy Leary's "Why not?" motto, but it is so fucking hard when you spent your whole lifetime in a shell...

12. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

Doesn't feel any distinctive desire to have a girlfriend yet getting upset when someone mention their love affairs. Pretty fucked up that is.

13. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

14. CleanHands

CleanHands Guest

Haha, just like me. I just want to scream "WELL, FUCK OFF, I'M HAPPY ON MY OWN, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DISPLAY IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD...YOU JERKS". Man, so much anger that's disguised as indifference.

15. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

If somebody is concerned ;), I'm still alive and kicking with two weeks under the belt. I'm on the verge of a major change, but won't elaborate yet until I will be more confident about results, which will happen tomorrow or on the day after tomorrow.

16. CleanHands

CleanHands Guest

That's great man! Let us know when you're ready!

17. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

Yeah, of course.

Went out with friends today. Had a great time, looked at girls, they looked back at me. Funny thing, even those who came with their boyfriends stared at me, rendering them quite displeased (maybe my vision is warped, of course). And some restaurant employee probably liked me for real, she looked at me every time she passed nearby. Just sat with "dominant" pose and didn't shy to speak loud and articulate while talking.

18. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

Almost a month (29 days, to be exact) in. I landed a job and looking to move from my parents, searching for a flat to rent. Can't say that it is my own accomplishment since I just got a chance (a job proposition that requires relocation), but at least I didn't chicken out and agreed to it, so the nofap probably takes its toll. Feeling quite good and upbeat most of the time (depends on how much sleep I get, lol).

19. CleanHands

CleanHands Guest

Congratulations dude! When you do you start? And what kind of job is it?

20. InsideOut

InsideOut Guest

I'm working already (having to commute for 4+ hours each day until I find a flat). My job is quite similar to one of an HR actually, interviewing and technical briefings, but with some differences. I feel good about it since I'm working with a couple of my friends and generally having good time.