The addict in the tunnel

Discussion in 'Ages 25-29' started by th3f00l, Apr 22, 2012.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 New Member

This is the first day of the rest of your life man. Your lucky you have a womderful woman there to help you through this. Good luck!

2. th3f00l

th3f00l New Member

day1-6

I had to stay away for a while. Talking about my acting out behaviors while having an internet connection was too much. I started writing a day 2 post and got immediately triggered. I picked up a new tool in my SAA meeting. Play out the scenario. Instead of trying not to think about acting out at all, let yourself think about it... all the way to the end. How will you feel afterwards? How will you feel around the people who care about you knowing you acted out? How has it affected you before? This was a valuable tactic in making it through this past week. I also have to add that the first couple of days are the hardest. That "start tomorrow" mentality is the worst.

"He who conquers himself, is greater than he who conquers his city."

3. th3f00l

th3f00l New Member

day 7-15

I don't have much to write about. I've been depressed an irritable, but I have been able to avoid acting out. I'm unemployed right now so I feel like a real bummer.

4. xman

xman New Member

Sorry to hear you are unemployed dude. I know how challenging it can be to cope without the money and structure that a job can give. Hang in there dude.

I know you might feel and think 'what's the point?!', but read the journals dude we're all in this together. Rebooting can change your life for the better, and hopefully you'll eventually find a job.