<<<<<---Telephone Conference - Every Wednesday--->>>>>

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by al1234, Jun 14, 2013.

1. al1234

al1234 Guest

There will be a phone conference from now on every Wednesday

Phone number: 001-712-432-0140
    Access code: 404606#

Time: 1pm New York, 6pm UK

I suggest that if 3 or more people turn up we use the following format, but it's not compulsory of course:

Basically, after opening the meeting we can go to 'shares'. All members have the opportunity to share although no-one has to. A share is for a person to talk through their problems, their challenges and difficulties, and come to some sort of conclusion if they can. It is vitally important that no-one interrupts or comments on the share. It would be polite to keep shares reasonably short though, and say 'pass' when you're done.

After that there is a few minutes for people to make action commitments, again without comment from others. People can book-end if they want, i.e. arrange a specific time to check back in on the same number and update others of their progress.

Then the meeting is concluded, after which people can stick around and chat, or arrange with other members to talk again at a set time.

I'm hoping to lead the call, but if I can't make it for some reason, anyone can lead, following the format set out below (it's not my format, it's the tried and tested AA format). Of course the meeting itself is 100% free, but your regular phone tariff will apply. I've deliberately tried to make it short, but being a work-in-progress it might end up even shorter (possibly longer but I'd try to end the official meeting on time and allow guys to carry on talking afterwards).

Greeting

Hey guys I am ________ and I will lead our call today. This is the telephone meeting for YourBrainRebalanced.com. Would anyone who cares to please join me in the opening saying.

Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the Courage to change the things I can
    and the Wisdom to know the difference. Grant me patience for the changes that take time, appreciation for all that I have, tolerance for those with a different struggle and the Strength to pick myself up and work my program one day at a time.

Phone Meeting Guidelines

Before we open the meeting for sharing, a word about crosstalk guidelines, which help keep our meeting safe.

In our meetings we speak about our own experience, and we listen without comment to what others share. We work toward taking responsibility in our own lives, rather than giving advice to others. Please do not address anyone else’s share directly or give advice to anyone regarding their share. Be gentle with one another as all are here for the same purpose- recovery.

Please acknowledge the leader for the day, and the leader is the only one on the call who can address the whole group during a meeting.

Please limit your shares to allow everyone to have a chance to share. Who would like to be the first to share?

Open sharing for about 15 minutes

Begin taking action commitments for the day for about 5 minutes

Close Meeting

In closing, we would like to remind you that the opinions expressed here were strictly those of the individual who gave them. Take what you like and leave the rest.

If we are to recover, we must feel free to say what is in our minds and hearts, so please remember to respect anonymity. Let whom you see here and what was said here stay here when you leave here.

Please feel free to remain on the line for fellowship or exchange of information or phone numbers. This line is open for use by anyone who wants to check in throughout the day. Feel free to schedule bookends with one another on tasks or to have discussions around program.

Have a great day everyone.

2. al1234

al1234 Guest

Re: Phone Conference [Monday 17th July]

Looks like it's going to be at 1pm New York, 6pm UK

3. gameover

gameover Age: 26

Re: Phone Conference [Monday 17th July]

Hows the turnout for these?

4. al1234

al1234 Guest

Re: TODAY-----> Phone Conference [Monday 17th July]

Shit I am so sorry. I had an appointment this afternoon and I was sure I would be back in time but I only just got in.

Sorry Loro I would have thought we'd get at least 3 or 4, but you can never really tell. I'm hoping this will take off properly and be a daily thing anyway. I'll try to make sure I'm there tomorrow.

5. TheUnderdog

TheUnderdog Active Member Staff Member

Official "Telephone Conferences" Thread

Figured this would be better than having many short lived threads every day.

Please arrange all further phone conferences here.

6. al1234

al1234 Guest

Re: **Telephone Conferences - Every weekday at 1pm New York time***

We seem to be getting guys every day, but different guys. If everyone called on the same day this would really take off. And it should, it's a great idea. Too many people sit back and wait for urges to come and only then think about how to control themselves. IMO it would be far more effective to be more proactive and go about recovery before urges take over.

7. al1234

al1234 Guest

Re: ***Telephone Conferences - Every weekday at 1pm New York time***

This is just something that you commit to doing, e.g. ''I will go to the gym for at least 20 minutes this afternoon, and I will meditate before bed,'' or whatever you feel will be of benefit to you that you sometimes don't get around to doing. It helps to say it out loud to other people, plus you can bookend times to check back in, or just check in the next day and say whether or not you did it. It's got me through some difficult tasks I can tell you.

8. al1234

al1234 Guest

can't make it today, not sure about tomorrow. but Wednesday hopefully.

9. Connoisseur of Lotions

Connoisseur of Lotions Proactive Rehabber

Good meeting today with 4 members. Learned something from lookingahead I hadn't seen anywhere which I'm going to put into action, also felt that the structured beginning and end were helpful (thanks Al).

Always interesting to put a voice to the names too.

10. freedomfromcybersex

freedomfromcybersex rebooting my brain, reclaiming my body.

is this still going on - would be great to join you guys.

http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/index.php?topic=11480.0

11. freedomfromcybersex

thanks man - yea i was really hoping for a non-12 step support group though...

12. al1234

al1234 Guest

I still think it's a great idea, and there seems to be interest, several people have called in and others have expressed interest but haven't called in yet. I'd really like it to be a regular thing, an additional tool we have to overcome this addiction, but I just don't have the time to carry it single-handed. If other members want to take over or contribute, that would be great.

Remember, it only takes 2 members to have a meeting.

13. freedomfromcybersex

i agree, maybe once a week at first and build numbers!

14. al1234

al1234 Guest

freedomfromcybersex, do you want to lead the calls?

15. freedomfromcybersex

not something i have experience in, but i am a quick study. if someone else could lead the first couple i will commit to being there and would be happy to be one of the leaders thereafter...

16. freedomfromcybersex

loro i am in PST. so that is 10 a.m. my time? i don't have skype. would do a conference call every wednesday and could lead every other time after i have seen how you do it.

17. freedomfromcybersex

we doing this today? i am around...

18. freedomfromcybersex

just having some breakfast - will call in 6 or 7 minutes...

19. freedomfromcybersex

great meeting guys!

let's invite people all week long when we can to the next one!

20. al1234

al1234 Guest

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday guys, I was busy. Hope it went well. Is it happening on Wednesdays from now on? I had in mind short calls every day of about 15 minutes or so, but I think maybe once a week is better. Good idea freedomfromcybersex.