Slowly Getting Older

Discussion in 'Ages 20-24' started by 200DaysMission, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Londoner

Londoner Well-Known Member

For some reason I'd assumed you're American. Where in England are you?

I did notice your name had changed back a few days ago, but well done on getting back on the horse and to seven days so soon!

2. 200DaysMission

200DaysMission Active Member

Thanks Londoner! I'm just outside of Manchester :)

3. 200DaysMission

Hmm, relapsed last night, just the once.

Not disastrous yet, but I'm slipping up. Must try harder.

I have some things progressing with a few girls on Tinder so I will use that to motivate me. Also, I'm quitting smoking weed in a couple of days so that will reduce my chances of PMO'ing!

Take care :)

4. 200DaysMission

Well made it to 7 days again.

I'm feeling really anxious though. I've had a financial bombshell drop onto me and I'm really worried about money.
    My stomach hasn't settled and I've felt sick for the past few days.
    I know money should never be the end of the world, but things are looking like they're going to get tight pretty soon. I've been financially independent since I was 16, and this is the first serious problem I have.
    I'm a hard-worker, and I could easily jump into some full-time work tomorrow (I have open job offers for me whenever I want to take them), but I'm right in the middle of my studies. There are only so many hours in the day, and I don't want to risk screwing up the MA that I've spent so much of my own money financing.
    I'll see what happens. I'm pro-active and organised, so I'll figure something out.
    Right now, I just wish I had a way to make me feel less helpless (and physically ill) all of the time.

Anyway, I best get to work.
    Oh, also Tinder has been really frustrating this time around, but that's easily solved - I've just started using it a lot less.

Take care guys.

deadofwinter likes this.
  5. deadofwinter

deadofwinter Active Member

Try not to worry more than you have to and stay clear in mind. Good to hear you're on 7 days again.
    If you ever are in money problems and you have no-one to help you, I can always try and help. I don't have loads but I almost never spend money, so..
    Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure it out!
    Good luck mate!

DoW

6. 200DaysMission

That's very kind of you DoW. I'll probably never take you up on that, but I really appreciate you offering.
    But yeah, I'll try and figure stuff out!

Hope you're doing well :)
    (I got an email notifying me that there is a CD en-route from the Netherlands, I'm very excited!)

deadofwinter likes this.
  7. 200DaysMission

I was soooo close to relapsing last night.
    Well, I had decided in my head by around lunch-time, that I was going to PMO last night. I had already forgiven myself.

But, the time came, and I just didn't. It was funny. Plus, afterwards I started talking to an awesome girl on Tinder.
    It was the first properly free-flowing, enjoyable, interesting conversation I've had on there since I went back on. We spoke for a couple of hours, and we have lots in common. We spoke about literature, and art, and music and she is super cute.
    I left her hanging when I fell asleep, but if we get chatting again another time, I'm pretty sure it would eventually lead to a date, and I'd be pretty excited about that!

So that's nice.
    I'm still fucked financially, but I'm an optimistic guy and I just woke up in a good mood today. Hoping for the same again tomorrow.

Peace folks! ( And be kind to yourselves, always.)

Londoner likes this.
  8. Londoner

What's actually happened financially? Is it a sudden change?

9. 200DaysMission

I've had a broken computer and a holiday I had to cancel recently, but the real kick in the nuts was a huge council tax bill through my front door.
    I've been speaking to them since, there's been some mistakes made on my part and on their's too, so hopefully we'll be able to come to something of an agreement.

10. Londoner

Ah, good luck. Hopefully they can make the repayments affordable - it's in their interest too.

200DaysMission likes this.
  11. 200DaysMission

It's passing, mercilessly. But our paths are still in our own hands.

Our prime years are the years that are our prime, if that makes sense. They can happen at any time, just we need to work towards them - we need to bring our prime to us.
    Even in terms of attractiveness, we don't peak until we reach 31 as men.
    We just got to keep on striving. And define our goals. And be optimistic.

You got this brother!

Londoner likes this.
  12. 200DaysMission

Well, two weeks in.
    These last few days have been a lot easier. I've still got this massive bill hanging over my head, but I'm positive that I'll be able to get it sorted.
    I had to sell some of my music equipment, but I won't miss these items and it should give me some breathing space.

Tinder has picked up, I'm actually speaking to some interesting girls at the minute. I'd be pretty optimistic about meeting them, so I'll try and sort something out soon. One girl seems really keen (typically, she's the one I'm least into) so might try and arrange to meet her this week or next. It's always worth giving someone a chance in real life - it's good practice at the very least, plus you'll never know who you're going to meet.

I also pretty much fell in love with a girl I met last week. She was amazing, and I felt we had a really powerful, strong connection. But we only got to talk for a little bit. Anyway, we connected on facebook, and I should bump into her again pretty soon. I don't feel as strongly as I did anymore, but it would be cool to get to know her a bit. She actually seemed a little bit mental, whilst also being one of the most intelligent people I've ever met.
    We were in a seminar together where we were both contributing, and she is very articulate and perceptive. Then at the end, she came and introduced herself to me, but after a couple of minutes we both had to dash.

It actually feels like there are a lot of girls in my life right now. Just the majority of them are online. Luckily, it's still serving as pretty good motivation.

Aside from that, a couple of busy weeks at university before the end of term, but I really enjoy all my classes and projects.
    Then, I'm going to have to start getting ready for my summer away. I leave at the end of May, and I need to sort out visas, and vaccinations and flights.
    It sounds like I'm procrastinating, but it's all linked together. Once I have my visa, my employer will pay for my flights, and then I will have a budget for which countries I can visit after I finish working, and then I can look into which vaccinations I need.
    So yeah. The visa process is slow, but it should be finished in less than a month, then I'll have a couple of months to finalise everything else.

Anyway, all good.
    I'll probably post if I arrange any dates/have anything more to say.

Londoner and esa490 like this.
  13. esa490

esa490 Member

Hey 100 days,

I am glad that you are able t remain optimistic and things with the ladies are going well! I hope that that girl that you're actually interested in reciprocates and y'all hit it off. Anyways, just checking in and glad to see you're alright.

Sincerely,

Emmanuel

14. 200DaysMission

Well, I have a date with C tomorrow. She's not the girl I'm most into, but it will be nice to meet her still. We're just going for a drink.
    I'm unsure how much we have in common, but it's worth going on a date for sure.

Should be dating G next week, she's really hot but looking for something serious, and I'm not really in a position to commit because I'm going away all summer. Though again, it will be good to meet her, and if things go well there's always a chance we could hook up again in September. Think we're going for dinner.

Made it to 3 weeks no-PMO too, it's easier when there are dates in the pipeline.
    I'm not too nervous either, but not massively excited. However, maybe that will allow me to relax!

All good in the rest of my life too. Working hard, still in a bit of trouble financially but I should be okay in a couple of months. I've even been sticking to my home-workout routine for the past couple of months, which is a real bonus. I've been really lax with it for a year or so, so it's good to have rekindled some discipline.

I'll post how everything goes with the date!
    Take care folks :)

15. 200DaysMission

Well, she bailed, haha.

At least she let me know, she texted me early this morning. The excuse is plausible, but I'm not in a position to judge whether it's for real. I sent her a short message saying that's a shame, and to get in touch when she's ready to re-arrange (she's basically saying she's ill).
    If doesn't get back to me, I don't mind really. I wasn't particularly excited to meet her.
    I'm more bummed out that I turned down other plans tonight, to see her. I'm going to try and organise a few beers with a mate instead.

Starting to feel a much more typical frustration with tinder though. When I first used it, I arranged 3 dates within my first ten days. But it's been a slog lately, almost not worth the effort.
    I should be meeting up with G at some point, and I like talking to her so I'll probably keep on chatting to her. If it wasn't for that, I'd ditch the app for a while.

Anyway, this post was anti-climactic haha. Laters, folks.

16. Londoner

Yeah, it's especially annoying when you could have made other plans. Better that it's someone you weren't hugely into though, so it feels much easier to leave the ball in her court.

200DaysMission likes this.
  17. 200DaysMission

Definitely, Londoner. I've lost no sleep over it at all.

Was a little bit hungover today, but didn't PMO. Feeling good in lots of ways, but also a little bit lonely, and confused about what my life is.
    But I guess these things are typical.
    I'm genuinely content, just generally getting a bit anxious again. However, I am going away for four months soon, so I think these feelings are pretty natural. I get anxious before any big life changes, but I'm learning to cope better and I'm proud that it doesn't discourage me from taking up opportunities.

But I don't know...soon I'm going to have to decide what the next stage of my life will be.
    I'm really tempted to take a PHD. I love studying music, and I think with another 6 years practice I could get quite good at the things I love.
    Or I could bail, and stay in music, but take a regular pay-cheque so to speak (teaching or admin or something).
    Anyway, I have another year's study when I get back from my travels so plenty of time to think.

18. 200DaysMission

Got a couple more dates over the next two weeks, maybe three in total.
    I'm just so busy, though I'm enjoying Tinder more now I'm using it way less. It's good motivation to not PMO too.

Hope all are well. It's pretty quiet on here at the moment - or so it seems.
    I'm ticking over fine. Trying to dig myself out of my financial trouble - it's coming, slowly but surely.

Been working out a bit which I'm really happy with.
    Also doing lots of piano, and ahead of schedule with my uni work.
    Just need to keep on keeping on, and slide in as much paid work as possible before I go travelling this summer.

19. deadofwinter

Sounds like you're doing great. 31 days already, damn!

Keep us noted on this! Most of the time people do know what they should do, maybe try to think of your options without any notion of a future/fear/knowledge, and see if the heart starts talking. Yes, I have just said "follow your heart" in a less-cliché way.

Are you talking to girls on Tinder? Are you looking for something on Tinder or just fun times with girls?
    Great to hear from you!

20. deadofwinter

Hey friend, what are you up to these days? I see you're on day 8, just like me.

All the best!