Procrastinator

Discussion in 'Internet Addiction' started by blasteradu, Jan 29, 2014.

1. blasteradu

blasteradu I never give up. Doesn't matter what the score is.

Today I took the decision to put an Internet filter and block P and also youtube.I think youtube is a great enemy for our productivity, especially mine.There are moments when I have very important task to do, but before I start, I feeling an urge to watch a trailer ,or watch some random video to entertain myself.Has anyone experience this?Also fb is another thing which makes you procrastinate I think, and changes you in social way.Problem is ,having some virtual friends instead of real,flesh made friends is just like P and real girlfriends.

2. nebra.37@gmail.com

nebra.37@gmail.com it was my destiny...

I might be you.

I made this deal with myself to only watch 2 youtube vids per day, TOP.

maybe you could start with something higher.

3. blasteradu

Does it work? This strategy of yours does it work? Have you succeed in diminishing your time spent on youtube?

4. nebra.37@gmail.com

nebra.37@gmail.com it was my destiny...

it has.

you have to make a habit out of it.

that and also try just watching videos that teach you something (e.g., c++ programming, learn to play guitar, a new language... stuff like that... but apply it in your daily basis)

5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

I don't think useful videos are the answer. I have ability to waste huge amounts of time in watchin interesting educational stuff. Time that would badly need spent on work.

I have gotten pretty good support from a blocker app in chrome. I have set times when I can access firums / facebook etc. basically I get a short time window before lunch to check fun stuff and another later afternoon. At other times those direct me to my calendar.

I fail a lOt but a very detailed calendar helps too. I put lunch hour in calendar as well as all small stuff that needs to be done. Time spent filling the calendar is time well sPent.

And don't be an optimist - give realistic time slots for things.

6. blasteradu

What's the app's name?

7. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

actually its extension, not app. Its called Website Blocker (Beta)