Pandemic Punani

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by NothingFancy, Aug 15, 2020.

1. NothingFancy

NothingFancy New Member

I've lurked on this forum for a while. My longest reboot was 7 months from August 2019 to March 2020. In that time my life improved dramatically. It was easier for me to wake up in the morning, my job was going great and I even was able to switch positions at a better company with more responsibility. But then the virus hit, my city was the epicenter in the USA, and quarantine made me feel hopeless. I fell off the wagon and returned to my old ways. Even though I was never going out before or dating, at least it was possible.

Things are better now, not much but there are glimmers of hope. I signed up for Tinder today. Also thinking about how to do Zoom dates. I'm also starting the reboot again, just to prove that life truly gets better once you quit PMO. Everything becomes clearer. I really want to document how life can become better when you break this terrible addiction.
    Stay tuned.

Shady likes this.
  2. NothingFancy

NothingFancy New Member

Day 1
    Woke up and edged a little, so that is bad. In my previous reboots, I feel that edging messes up the rewiring process. It was to a memory of a girl I worked with at my old job.

Also realizing speed is key in my work, getting things done at moderate quality. Otherwise, the ideas and concepts linger for a long time without them being out in the world. Perfection and fine tuning comes later. For a lot of people it's fear of just getting things out there and trying them.

3. NothingFancy

NothingFancy New Member

I'm restarting today after a week of false starts. Yesterday I binged and PMO'd. Speed is truly key, not getting stuck on things that are worthless so I have more time to do my own personal things. A lot of people dwell on past mistakes and that is the worst thing you can do as it reinforces failure. So right now, I'm just thinking about how I can get a lot of stuff done today so I feel productive.

4. NothingFancy

NothingFancy New Member

Restarting again. No excuses, just bored and wanted to look at P. Don't regret it but understand how weak it makes me feel.

Need to figure out how to wake up early and get my sh*t done before the man's. Grateful for being employed but understand I have no future till I work on my own greatness. Planning to move out of here in 2021 to a cheaper city. Given that remote work may be possible, it should be slightly easier. Just need to check off personal to dos every day and not get bogged down on the monotony of my job.