No-PMO for the best version of myself

Discussion in 'Ages 25-29' started by Deleted User, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi, guys, how are you? I'm from Brazil and now I'm 28 years old. So, I'd like to ask sorry if some of the terms I used weren't common once English isn't my first language. As far as I remember, I used to PMO since 15 years old, so there are at least 13 years of addiction. My life was normal, but I used PMO in order to relief from the problems of each day. Also, I haven't had success with women at all, and that made this cycle increase in some periods of my life. In some points, the addiction changed to HOCD, and I used to chat with transexual and crossdresser in internet rooms - though it's against my sexual orientation.

Despite the PMO cycle, I could reach my undergraduation and Mastering courses in Chemical Engineering. Now I'm on my Doctorate. But, honestly, I don't know how I could get so far, because I used to PMO most of the decisive times of my life - before a presentation, a test, or a date. Well, I feel that if I get rid of PMO my life can be better. Before forum, I made a 49 day streak - from September to October 2020, and it was really good - the HOCD decreased a lot. But November and December weren't so nice for me, I could reach only 3 days of no-PMO at maximum. One thing that helped me on this semester was to see a therapist, but I'll improve day by day.

Some points I'd like to remark on this process.

- I'll write every single day of this process - the other time it helped me.
    - Avoid people who didn't trust in my recovery process - some friends told me that the reboot idea was crazy.
    - Try to evaluate 4 aspects each day: sleeping, mood, concentration and urges (from 0 to 10).
    - Practice at least 5 min of meditation every day.
    - Exercise at least 3 times a week.

Just to conclude, I was overweight until july 2019. I had 108 kg and 1.73 m on january 2019. I decided to change my habits on food and I lost 33 kg. Now I'm 75 kg since december 2019. However I can tell you that PMO addiction is much worse than food addiction. But I'll win.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Day 0 - 12.12.2020

This is the day zero. As much of the days zero, the sensation it's not good. My head hurts - especially at the front, and the sleeping was horrible. My eyes didn't rest, it's strange. Sometimes I get angry from nowhere too, even with my dog. Today is not so special, I'll have my hair cut and I'll rest most of the day.

• Sleeping: 5 (from 0 to 10)
    • Mood: 6 (from 0 to 10)
    • Concentration: 4 (from 0 to 10)
    • Urges: 4 (from 0 to 10)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Day 1 - 13.12.2020

Most of this day I took to rest. I'll correct only 3 activities. This morning I could swim too during 30 minutes, just to exercise a little bit. After all, I don't think it's safe to go to the gym. Sometimes I feel lack of work out, but just to maintain my weight or I run or I swim. Also, I played 1 h of videogames just for distraction and I read 10 pages of books. No extreme urges compared to the other times, I'll try to win day by day. One thing I'll try to improve is the time to sleep. I'm sleeping close to 1.a.m, so we'll try to go to 11.pm.
    • Sleeping: 6 (from 0 to 10)
    • Mood: 6.5 (from 0 to 10)
    • Concentration: 5 (from 0 to 10)
    • Urges: 4 (from 0 to 10)