No Internet Wednesdays!

Discussion in 'Internet Addiction' started by totallyyours, Jul 30, 2013.

1. totallyyours

totallyyours Loyalty, honor, and a willing heart

We could use a little less internet in our lives.

It is a Christian custom to dedicate Wednesdays to Saint Joseph, the foster father of Jesus and patron Saint of Workers. St. Joseph knew how to work diligently and provide for his family. He was so busy working that he literally has no words recorded in the Bible. The strong silent type but more accurately a humble servant.

To be more diligent and shake up my internet use, I'm abstaining from internet on every Wednesday. This includes an internet blackout for my phone, video games, news, social networks, blogs, computer, emails, etc.

Here are my specific exceptions:
    - Looking up documents for work.
    - Sending/receiving work email.
    - Rare occasion of using maps to find a location.

I'm working out the kinks for an overall internet use schedule for my week but this is to get me started in limiting my internet use.

What say you? Can you do a day without internet per week? Maybe more (looking to add Friday sometime soon!)? Do you have any further rules or guidelines you abide by?

2. goingfor90

goingfor90 Guest

This is an awesome idea. Thanks for suggesting it! My work is directly tied to the internet, but I'm going to think about my schedule and might try to do this personally on a different day. It'd kill two birds with one stone since it'd make sure I had at least one day where I didn't work, too!

3. I almost want to make Sunday the no-internet day. Perhaps I'll devote that day to friends, church, and family. I'll go socialize and live a life outside of the internet on Sundays.

4. CookieMonster

CookieMonster New Member

great idea! In!

5. totallyyours

Hope you enjoyed your Wednesday! Mine kind of sucked because I let work internet use get away from me. Making up for it today and tomorrow. Drive on.

6. Connoisseur of Lotions

Connoisseur of Lotions Proactive Rehabber

Wednesdays are the days the conference is held, come by to get your internet-free YBR fix

http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/index.php?topic=10398.msg221314#msg221314

7. totallyyours

Bookin it! Thanks!

8. totallyyours

My no internet Wednesday was great this week. I was ultra productive and demolished my to-do list. Now have more to-do items! No thank you, internet.