Night Urges and Insomnia

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Neilk, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Neilk

Neilk New Member

So last night laying in bed next to my sleeping wife i couldn't sleep. I had strong horniness and aching in my balls. I couldn't shake it. I wanted to sneak off and PMO but i didnt. I just laid there fighting off the urge until after 1am before i could fall asleep. Curious as to what you guys do to help you get to sleep when you are horny?

Antonius likes this.
  2. Neilk

Neilk New Member

Also im at the end of week 1 no pmo

Intothewild89 likes this.
  3. Merton

Merton Member

One thing I do is follow this sleep meditation from headspace. Among other things it instructs you to count backward from 1000. I visualize writing the numbers in the air, with my eyes closed.

Another thing I have done is to read. Since reading on the computer or the phone is just a step away from PMO, I will buy an old school book light to use with actual books.

Antonius likes this.
  4. gavney

gavney Active Member

I've had this problem before, and can only say that PMOing hasn't helped me get to sleep the way I think it will.
    In fact I think it has worsened the problem for me at times, as the flashing images and general stimulation can stimulate the mind.

I've also had the thinking that I "have" to get rid of the horniness or it just won't go away. But actually, if I get up, have a glass of milk and go back to bed, generally my erection will go away.

From my own experience at least, it's not necessarily the horniness that's giving you sleeping trouble, but it might be keeping you awake.
    Have a look at other issues that might be keeping you awake or waking you, e.g. room temperature (too hot or too cold), uncomfortable pillow / mattress etc...

Antonius likes this.
  5. Antonius

Antonius New Member

I can agree with what @gavney said — take a look at other factors that you can control. If I’m having problems sleeping, I get out of bed. I only want to lie down in my bed when I’m certain to fall asleep within minutes. You’ll eventually condition yourself to be sleepy when you lie down. If you do other things or struggle with insomnia in your bed, you will start associating your bed with that struggle. Another problem is that giving up and saying you’ll engage in some PMO could often be the start of a P binge where you spend the next 90 minutes looking for that perfect scene, or trying to “catch up” on new P you might have missed during your streak. You’ll be losing more sleep than you would have by doing something else. That’s at least what I try to tell myself.