New Here - Finally Serious About Stopping

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by harvesterofsorrow, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Guy, thanks for the encouragement! I have not been here in quite a while. Got a new job a month ago and super busy with that. I'm doing fine. Staying the course and very much "happy" in my life with the exception of no female companionship still. Hard to believe it's almost 6 months now since I got this beast behind me. Not 100% and not forever. I don't say those kinds of things anymore. But it doesn't rule my life anymore and it's never been easier to focus on the things that matter. Hope you are doing well, man! I see the 1 day up there and, believe me, 1 day is 1 day and don't let anyone (including yourself) tell you otherwise. The Struggle IS the process. Be well bro.

40New30 and Billy B. like this.
  2. Billy B.

Billy B. PMO is NOT an option!

Glad to see you doin' well, mate.

harvesterofsorrow likes this.
  3. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

It's nice to have it behind you, but it's never very far. One day at a time, HOS! Glad to hear you're still doing well :)

harvesterofsorrow likes this.
  4. Thanks, guys. 40...agreed. I don't pretend that it's done with me. I've just chosen to stay occupied and do other things. Like an alcoholic, I guess it's always "a problem". But I'm enjoying the freedom right now and totally out of that "zone" where it just consumes. I occasionally think about going back but I'm almost too lazy is part of it. I dunno...it's uncharted territory for me and I'm just accepting what the Good Lord is given I guess. But, yes, not foolish enough to think it can't come back with a vengeance. Gotta keep filling my life with purpose is my plan right now. Dude...300+!!! Wow.

Billy B. likes this.
  5. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

So true!!

6. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

So true, it's all about creating a great life...a life that's better than the high or PMO. It's exactly like being an alcoholic, so funny because I NEVER in a million years thought of myself as an addict or someone with an addictive personalty. I am. It was all an illusion I built up to protect myself. You're killing it too!

Billy B. likes this.
  7. Thanks 40 and Saville and everyone! Yes, I'm still staying the course. Life is SO busy with work right now. Things are good. No love life. Not sure I care. Just work and sleep and the singularity of it all is freeing. I'm not in the sweet spot of life but I'm not ruled by my past demons and that is fantastic. It's possible. Believe. But it's not enough either. Need to meet people. Need physical community. That's my next step. You all rock. Whether it's 1,000 days or 1 day. You rock.

Saville and Billy B. like this.
  8. Billy B.

Billy B. PMO is NOT an option!

Great to see you travellin' well, mate. Cheers for stoppin' by.

9. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Powerful statement, HOS. Getting free of P really does catalyze the good stuff. :)

10. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

How ya doing, HOS?