My way to Liberty

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Libertad, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's up, Lib?

2. Libertad

Libertad Well-Known Member

@titan_transcendence and @Saville thanks for asking. I am at day 12 today and my mood changes between, it is going ok and totally depressed.
    From the beginning of the month I also started a Zero (under 20g/day) Carb Keto style Eating. Maybe this plays into the mood thing too a bit till my Body becomes more adapted to it. I am doing it mainly because of my back, hip and knee pain to see if it helps with the inflamation.
    I try not to be too hard on myself when thinking about all my relapses. Beating myself up for the past to motivate myself for the future never worked in the past. I came to an agreemant with myself which I hopefully will be able to honor to not make a big deal out of a relapse in case I give in again, and imediately hopp on the waggon again. I am determined to build myself a live worth living, thats my main goal. It would be nice and the best to never PMO again, but in case it happens my world will hopefully not colapse again because of the relapse. I need to have a bigger goal in live than the not to relapse one. In the end my talk is only talk and theory as long as it is not going into motion and action. Small Actions and changes each day and whenever possible. My motivation is still very low, the Thing holding me back is myself. I think from my experience there is no Point for me to think to much About and why my Motivation is so low as Long as I dont stay away from PMO for a few months because we all know that PMO is a uge factor in sucking our energy and motivation out of us as Long as we do it. No more excuses, it were not the cravings or urges, it was me who decided each time to do it.
    I still enjoy the walks with the dog very much and also I started to walk alone in nature very early in the morning at 5 am when almost no one is around.
    Have a nice Sunday you all.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

Indeed, otherwise you'll walk up against the 'now what?' barrier. I think that is also why it is so difficult to get back on the wagon after a relapse after a long streak. You will think 'OK I can do it again, but then what?'. It's just another void.

Btw, how can you function on just 20g of food a day? :eek:

Now that is being realistic. Trying to change all at once never works.

Saville and Libertad like this.
  4. Libertad

Maybe I expresed it wrong, my english is not at 100%. What I meant is, that I eat Protein and fat as much as I want and try to keep the carbohydrates at a Minimum of under 20g/day to get into the ketonic state. No processed Foods, no wheat, no sugar, no grains. Dr. Darren Schmidt has a few good videos about this way of eating. I was vegan for 4,5years but it did not help with my Health issues besides from loosing weight. Now I try this way of Eating. :confused: It is a 180 compared to my vegan time. Lots of animal Protein and fat. I relapsed with Eating this way a few times over the last few months also. The cravings to chocolate, sweets and bread can be very strong.

5. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

So true!

This is great!

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Seize the day

My English neither, but now see that it was actually clear. I have been interested in such kind of diets, but cant stand lactose that well. I guess then theres just not so much to eat like for breakfast. But Ill check those Schmidt videos. Thanks!

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  7. Libertad

Here is a good short Video from Dr. Berry on how to start a Keto diet. Good luck.

Gilgamesh likes this.
  8. Libertad

Day 16. I have a lot to do over the next three days, a lot of things I dont like, but our society obligates us to do. These are the days I wish I was living in the woods or on an island. Maybe the addict in me wanting to escape responsibility. Talked to a women in a Supermarket yesterday who let me cut in in the row in front of her because I had only a few items. It wasnt awkward for me and felt normal. I know that it is and should be normal, but while doing PMO almost every interaction with People felt awkward to me. Small steps.