My journal

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by John Ball, Apr 12, 2020.

1. John Ball

John Ball Member

At the minute am really angry with myself for edging this morning and ended up taking it too far. I have never done this but I have decided I need to make the most of this superb community and try one of these blogs.

So, here I am: Day Zero. Still got that horrible feeling of guilt and worry about the future, but that’s not going to get me anywhere right now. We all have to look forward.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

axebattler likes this.
  2. axebattler

axebattler Member Staff Member

3. John Ball

John Ball Member

axebattler likes this.
  4. John Ball

John Ball Member

What tips can anyone provide to avoid edging? We’ve all had those moments where an image that turns u on comes into your head: how do we avoid that? And if we can’t avoid it, how do we get rid of it asap? Any tips?

5. axebattler

axebattler Member Staff Member

Hard to avoid, but the less you look at such images, the less they'll come into your head. And the less you deliberately think about them, the less they'll come into your head also.

Try thinking about, or doing, other things instead. You could say to yourself, "No, I can't think about that right now, but I can think about..."

6. John Ball

John Ball Member

Yes, I like this little technique. I am on my 11th day and so far tbh it has been pretty good. I’ve avoided any images, or videos etc. A couple of times my mind has wandered but I have managed to stop it early. But it’s babysteps and there’s a long way to go to remain disciplined.

axebattler likes this.
  7. John Ball

John Ball Member

18 days in, so far so good. Actually well, this week I had a wet dream but I don’t hold myself responsible for that. Other than that, I’ve been avoiding all triggers: videos, not staying in bed, not drinking too much, keeping myself busy.

Hope it lasts, and hope it works out for all of us.

Living and axebattler like this.
  8. John Ball

John Ball Member

I am on 25 days and had one bad day this week where I allowed my mind to wander too much and nearly paid the price. It is 100% no coincidence that the day I did this was the day I broke my routine and allowed myself to lie in bed too long with a hangover.

Having a daily routine that avoids the chance for your mind to wander is so important.

I have a question: at any stage in this, or at all stages in this, has any of you felt that you climax waaaaay quicker than acceptable, like sometimes even after a few seconds? I have this problem, another reason to have completely avoid any triggers.

9. Good to see you’ve found something that works and trying your best to keep to your routine.

I can relate to climaxing real fast after abstaining. I’ve had it before, especially on longer streaks. For me it usually had to do with increased amount of dopamine receptors (bigger high when dopamine is released when peaking) ánd a certain amount of excitement for doing something you know you shouldn’t be doing.

For example: a while back I was orgasm free for over 2 months. I ended up peaking and that lead to some self-touching. At that very moment I got a text message from my GF. The sound startled me and I came to this deep realisation that I shouldn’t be doing this. I was ashamed of it and that caused an adrenaline spike. Clicked the video away and stopped touching myself, but it was too late. The cocktail of adrenaline and dopamine gave me an immediate orgasm.

John Ball likes this.
  10. John Ball

John Ball Member

I can definitely relate to this, we’ve made it second nature to ourselves to be thinking of fantasies, that is why it’s so hard to get out of the rut. We literally have to change how we think.

11. John Ball

John Ball Member

Half way through my 90 day goal and feeling pretty good.

Shady and axebattler like this.