Moz journal

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Mozenjo, May 22, 2014.

1. Mozenjo

Mozenjo Well-Known Member

Thanks, path-forward. Was home last night, and despite some temptations, I stayed the course. Whew!

path-forward likes this.
  2. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

I saw "My Dinner with Andre" back in the day. I loved it! I'm going to look for it on one of the many streaming services I have.

Great job staying the course!

Mozenjo likes this.
  3. Mozenjo

Great idea! I will do the same. I remember when "The Princess Bride" came out (pretty funny movie), and I saw Wallace Shawn in it and said, "hey, that's the guy from My Dinner With Andre"!

Saville likes this.
  4. Saville

Saville Well-Known Member

The entire movie is on youtube. :)

Mozenjo likes this.
  5. Mozenjo

Dove into the subs yesterday, and feeling like I just need to get out of the house before I do it again. It's amazing how I need to keep reminding myself that this shit produces no satisfaction, and when I look at pics of the fiancée, the equipment responds and tells me how foolish it is to keep playing with fire. But, I really have to stop looking at her pics too. They keep me stuck in the rut.

6. path-forward

path-forward Active Member

Stay strong Moz!

Mozenjo likes this.
  7. Mozenjo

The only way to stop circling the drain is to stop circling the drain. So I am doing that starting now.

path-forward likes this.
  8. Mozenjo

Had another sobering conversation with the fiancee. She said we are in "the best of times and the worst of times". If it weren't for my ED, she'd be happy as a clam. Same here. She said she's been taking care of business during my dry spell, and asked where I was in that regard. I said I MO'd night before last, which was true (was actually very early in the morning, which is why my date is where it is). She asked how I did it, and I told her it was to a picture of her, which was true. As is always the case, looking at her picture gets me going way more than the subs do. But prior to the actual O, I had looked at subs. So, my half-truth is wearing on me. She deserves better, and so do I.

9. path-forward

path-forward Active Member

@Mozenjo While I respect your desire for honesty, please don’t be too hard on yourself. You were also protecting your fiancée’s feelings too.

Start a new Streak with conviction. My goal is to celebrate the New Year with a long streak going!

Mozenjo likes this.