Making The Journey To 40 Days

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by catchingup, Aug 1, 2021.

1. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 7 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

PMO is not really on my mind, I’m so distracted by other issues right now.

A lot of things are going on right now…stress is a bit high…so many things to do, ugh…I miss being a kid on summer break lol

2. CleanBootsBaby!

CleanBootsBaby! Active Member

...we all do. :D

Congrats on one week, bro!

catchingup likes this.
  3. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 9 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

Whether I like it or not, whether I want it or not, the benefits are rolling in. I'm living like the king of confidence. That's what I see every time I get up to about 8 days. And it just keeps going up from there. And then I get soo good at life that I forget how bad it was when I started :/

4. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 10 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

I'm more social. I'm confident.

Just one damn habit can make such a difference in my life. Quitting is like running a marathon without having to wear 20 extra pounds of ankle weights. I'm going to go farther, faster, and with less effort.

But besides all that, it just is important to me to be free from a significant limitation on my life.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    BoughtWithBlood likes this.
  5. CleanBootsBaby!

That's the spirit, man, heck *I* felt motivated reading that!

YEAHHHH!!!

catchingup likes this.
  6. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 11 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

I have things I’m thinking about…

Like does free will exist?

and what will the future look like? A 100 years from now how will things look? Will we have solved many of our problems like hunger, war, poverty, disease? will we have new technology that we can’t even imagine now?

how will different fields like nutrition, finance, economy, health, justice, and education change?

what we can do is live another day…and learn more about ourselves and the world around us.

Rudolf Geyse and BoughtWithBlood like this.
  7. CleanBootsBaby!

One thing I'm sure: unless the world ends, we will still be having P addicts :|. But I think no one will ridicule the very notion of P addiction...like some do, today.

catchingup likes this.
  8. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 12 days since my last PMO or MO or O. 28 days left until day 40.

@CleanBootsBaby! I was one of those who ridiculed the notion of P addiction. Maybe some of us here also did too. Now we know better. There's something special here. And it's been my biggest secret to a better life. Not meditation, not a special diet, not a special philosophy, just not fapping to P transformed my brain and maybe soul...

Today is an awesome day because I am now at 12 days! My self-esteem is doing well. I remind myself why I am doing this:

I am more social
    I function better
    I transmute the energy I was using on fapping to now engage in other more meaningful activities in my life
    Music sounds 100x better
    Women look 100x more attractive
    Food tastes 100x better
    Living life is fun again. A social gathering is fun and I want to be there. Going out to eat sounds fun again. Pursuing my hobbies is fun again. Even work is not so bad.
    My self-esteem is high. My confidence is high. My social anxiety is down.
    I feel overall happy. I feel like I'm doing something right. That feeling is so good!

That being said, quitting PMO won't solve all my problems and I know I need more than just quitting PMO to be the best version of myself. Mental health treatment is also important. Faith is important. Taking care of my body is important (enough rest, proper diet, exercise).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  9. CleanBootsBaby!

Very good list of benefits! 100% on point.

catchingup likes this.
  10. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 14 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

It seems everything has a price. The short-term pleasure we forego today is the price we pay for the relief, confidence, and inner strength we carry within ourselves tomorrow. I may feel uneasy with urges today, but I will feel peaceful, strong, and happy tomorrow. It is worth it.

11. BoughtWithBlood

BoughtWithBlood Well-Known Member

Well said man!

catchingup and CleanBootsBaby! like this.
  12. CleanBootsBaby!

I just cannot explain the satisfaction I had the next day, waking up with a clean conscience, after having chosen not to act out on my impulse during the night!

catchingup likes this.
  13. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 15 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

I'm quitting because I want to be a better version of myself. And I'm doing this first and foremost for myself. :)

14. CleanBootsBaby!

Facts!

catchingup likes this.
  15. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Well-Known Member

I absolutely believe it does. In fact I think a lot of our societal and individual problems come from worldviews which try to say there is no such thing. All worldviews are about justification ie. What makes me such a prize? Or, why is it ok that I behave the way I do? A worldview that says, "It doesn't matter what I do because I'm just a product of x and y" is fatalistic and lets me off the hook for my own bad behaviours, plus it's impossible to prove, so why would anyone go along with it? Not that you asked for my opinion on any of this, lol, but the biblical worldview is that God's sovereignty (He does whatever He wishes, freely, for His glory and our greatest good) and my responsibility (aka free will) go hand-in-hand. This is a great mystery, but essentially it means that God is in the driver's seat of the universe, AND I make real genuine decisions, and there need be no conflict between the two.

Anyways keep streaking! Glad you're in good shape

catchingup and BoughtWithBlood like this.
  16. CleanBootsBaby!

And the sooner we embrace radical responsibility for our choices, the sooner we are free.

catchingup likes this.
  17. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 16 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

@Rudolf Geyse It's an interesting topic for me. The more I live, the more the way I think about it has changed.

I'm going to be relaxing today and just enjoying life. Looking forward to some fun activities.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  18. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 18 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

Been drawing and watching a TV show that I like. I need to get more exercise.

19. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 20 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

Very busy week in my life. I hate deadlines. I hope to never be this busy ever again.

Shady likes this.
  20. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

It has been 22 days since my last PMO or MO or O.

Having an unproductive day, looking to take small steps to change that. Found some good music and I’ve been really getting into it.

Rudolf Geyse likes this.