Looking for love in all the wrong places...

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by NCBob, May 6, 2014.

1. NCBob

NCBob The 11th commandment: Thou shalt not peek:-)

I appreciate you checking in on me, forlorn:)
    I also appreciate the link to the video - it was exactly what I needed to listen to today:)
    Nothing airy-fairy about it:D
    Thank you!

2. NCBob

A long day, made it through, about ready to hit the sack. Looking forward to a good night's sleep.

3. Mozenjo

Mozenjo Well-Known Member

Nice job, NCBob! Hope you got some rest and are feeling better.
    Make it a good, clean day :cool:

NCBob likes this.
  4. NCBob

Thanks, Moz:)
    Still struggling with quality sleep - woke up in the middle of the night with the sweats, had to wash my sheets, not much fun. My digestive system is slowly coming back to life, and still making me uncomfortable. Recovery, on every level, is slow...

5. Clovis6

Clovis6 Well-Known Member

It may be slow, but as long as it’s happening, that’s the main thing.

NCBob and Mozenjo like this.
  6. Mozenjo

Exactly, Clovis.
    NCBob, think about how much better today is than a week ago. And how a week from now will be.
    Wait a minute, that means focusing on the past and the future. So don't spend too much time doing that. Just focus on now. Which is looking pretty good, I would say. Your resolve is impressive. You're weathering the storm admirably.
    Carry on!

NCBob likes this.
  7. NCBob

True and thanks, Clovis6.

8. NCBob

Thanks, Moz. I'm definitely in the one day/one moment at a time trenches, which is where I need to be.

9. NCBob

Grinding through the day. Just went for a walk, and trying to keep moving. My insides still aren't feeling quite right, which after 2 and 1/2 weeks, is very frustrating. I'm having a hard time trusting the process right now (the healing of my body, mind, emotions, etc.), and have no other choice except to keep moving forward.

10. Mozenjo

NCBob, even though body and mind are inextricably connected, the healing of your body is taking a course that won't necessarily follow the same schedule as the healing of your mind. In other words, trust that abstinence from PMO is absolutely the right thing for your mind, and if your body needs some Rx from a doctor or other method than your current one, seek it out. Sounds like things are still heading in the right direction, just really slowly.
    Hang in there, friend.

NCBob likes this.
  11. NCBob

Thanks, Moz. I'm definitely going in the right direction, and am mindful that this is a slow process, which it needs to be. I've lost about 10 lbs over the past 2 weeks, which is something I've wanted to do, and yet needed to be sick to do it. I suspect that burning some of my fat off has released some toxins into my body as well. I suspect I'll be a much healthier person on the other side of this:)

12. NCBob

Nose to the grindstone today, staying focused on recovery and getting my body back to health. Keeping it simple. One breath at a time...

forlorn likes this.
  13. Mozenjo

Nice! Keep up the good work!

NCBob likes this.
  14. NCBob

Mozenjo likes this.
  15. Mozenjo

I hope your recovery from your physical ailments keeps on the upward trajectory, bud. I'm confident that it will.
    Have a great day!

NCBob likes this.
  16. NCBob

17. NCBob

Staying focused on health and recovery today - slowly inching in a good direction. Not feeling particularly good, and taking good care of myself in the midst of it. Healthy choices are all that matter...

18. Mozenjo

Yes, our challenge all these years has been consistency. As in, consistently doing the right things, not the wrong things. We are changing that. You are getting better physically, or it seems like it to me. Same with your mental state. Hard to see the forest through the trees when you're suffering, but you're doing great, and it's inspiring to see you persevering through this challenging time :)

NCBob likes this.
  19. NCBob

Thanks, Moz:) It's been a slog through the swamp the past 3 weeks, and I'm very glad that my mindset is focused strictly on recovery. I appreciate your support!

20. NCBob

Staying the course and staying sober. Have had some moments of serenity, which is a nice change of pace.

Mozenjo likes this.