Looking For an Accountability Partner

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by Inspyred2Recover, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Inspyred2Recover

Inspyred2Recover New Member

I am 27 years old, married and have been struggling with this addiction since I was 15.

I have been battling this on my own unsuccessfully for years. I have been a part of online communities like this in the past but I never had much success.

The problem is that I have been trying to overcome this ALONE.

I overcame drug addiction about 6 years ago through my involvement in Alcoholics Anonymous. The fellowship and sponsorship model is extremely powerful. However, I still have this PMO addiction. I have looked into 12 step groups for this problem but there just aren't any within 100 miles of where I live.

I understand the power of sponsorship and accountability. On my own, I am just not powerful enough to overcome this. But with support from outside of myself, I know there is power in that.

I have spent so much time trying to help myself overcome this, but I know there is power in providing others with support as well.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- Somebody that is committed to recovery
    - Somebody to talk on the phone with DAILY. Not necessarily a long conversation but somebody willing to take the time out of their day to touch base and provide and receive support. Somebody to just touch base with and walk this journey with.

If this is something you are interested in, send me a private message and tell me a little about who you are.

Thanks!

2. Kidicarus7

Kidicarus7 Guest

Yea bro I'm looking the same, if your serious still just message me likewise, maybe we get through this together.