Living in a fear of sexual assault. Need help!

Discussion in 'Women' started by Merrile, May 21, 2019.

1. Merrile

Merrile New Member

I live alone and I like that. The only problem that I face right now is that I live on the ground floor of the apartment, this is making me susceptible to break-ins. Earlier, I used to live on the second floor, and I felt the same. So, I was able to conclude that this fear is not based on the location of my residence- it is based on something else, which I cannot explain. I keep worrying about imaginary things. I often feel like a guy is waiting for me to fall asleep so that he can break in and rape me. This fear is straddling the line of irrationality and I don't know how to deal with it.
    I am not interested in getting roommates or buying a dog, to get a secured feeling. I am planning to install intrusion security systems soon. Is there any other way to deal with this situation?

2. FUBB

FUBB Member

You have mental health problems, irrational fears and paranoia at the very least. So, tell your doctor about your fears and get referred to a psychiatrist.

3. breath

breath Member

It's a problem in that it seems exaggerated, and psychiatrist, talking to other, reading and such will help.. The fear though exaggerated is based on problems in the world that exist - women should be aware of the risks going up or down in different situations