Let's go

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Rudolf Geyse, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Active Member

I have picked up another pattern. When I have work I don't want to do, after hours. I get to thinking maybe a quick PMO will help me feel better. Wrong!

i) "Quick" - nope. Always takes longer than you intended to take, including chaser effect etc, it's hours I can't afford to waste.
    ii) "Feel better" - nope. All it means is I'm deeper in the hole of work not done. What will make me feel better is crushing my work and then a legitimate reward, like catching up on some Netflix, or Pubg, or some good readin'.

Staying the course. I want to build a really good innings here.

2. Rudolf Geyse

Hotchie motchie. At 27 days on the counter I had my first real binge in ages. After successfully blocking all my usual avenues to P or P subs online, I got stuck in, how to describe it, a fantasy project that took about 8 hours yesterday. It's about the worst day I can remember having as a human being. This on top of piles of work which I ought to have been giving attention to instead. There's a lot going on in terms of lockdown, business, family... I can't complain though, but it's enough to make me want to escape I guess. In future I'll find better ways to dial out?

The worst is that I still get urges to go back there. Gah! Definitely not worth it.

3. Rudolf Geyse

I bet I could think up 100 reasons not to PMO, or even just P, or P subs.

Reason #1) Because when I do I immediately feel distant from my awesome wife.

BoughtWithBlood likes this.
  4. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #2) Because it diverts me from real life where I could be crushing it.

5. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #3) Because God is holy, good and true, and P is opposed to that.

6. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #4) Because it doesn't deal with the problem, it makes it worse. You use P to escape x, but after wasting valuable time on P, x has become 2x.

7. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #5) Because it feeds a cutthroat industry and side industries that are ruining people's lives.

8. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #6) Because of my kids. I want them to have a father who is disciplined, who has mastered his own cravings and actions, and who is doing his best for them.

BoughtWithBlood and -Luke- like this.
  9. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #7) Because it's sin. Those are Jesus' words, not mine.

10. BoughtWithBlood

BoughtWithBlood Active Member

This reason is amazing!

Rudolf Geyse likes this.
  11. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #8) Because it devalues sex. The most enriching sex I can have on an emotional, spiritual and physical level over the long haul is with my amazing wife.

12. BoughtWithBlood

BoughtWithBlood Active Member

‘Because it devalues sex’ wow that’s a great one! It really does. Love your insights in this topic.

13. Rudolf Geyse

Thanks for the encouragement, BoughtWithBlood. It comes from wrestling with this for years and years. I'm properly sick of it. I'm trying out this (almost) daily routine for a while to see if it can help me with my thinking.

14. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #9) Because I feel terrible afterward. Like a loser. Bleagh. Face it. It doesn't make me feel better about life at all.

15. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #10) Because blood ran down that rough wooden cross. If Jesus died to remove my sin, how can I live in it any longer?

16. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #11) Because it always takes more time than I wanted to waste on it.

-Luke- likes this.
  17. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #12) Because this world is full of true and legitimate pleasures to enjoy instead.

18. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #13) Because resisting the urges makes me a stronger person.

19. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #14) Because I don't want to be in this same cycle 10 years from now (or 1 year or 3 months or 1 month from now), and the way to get that right is to break the cycle today.

NewStart19 likes this.
  20. Rudolf Geyse

Reason #15) Because my regret is already established for the time previously wasted. Why would I want to add to that? Better to move on!

NewStart19 likes this.