Let's go

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Rudolf Geyse, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Member

I have picked up another pattern. When I have work I don't want to do, after hours. I get to thinking maybe a quick PMO will help me feel better. Wrong!

i) "Quick" - nope. Always takes longer than you intended to take, including chaser effect etc, it's hours I can't afford to waste.
    ii) "Feel better" - nope. All it means is I'm deeper in the hole of work not done. What will make me feel better is crushing my work and then a legitimate reward, like catching up on some Netflix, or Pubg, or some good readin'.

Staying the course. I want to build a really good innings here.

2. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Member

Hotchie motchie. At 27 days on the counter I had my first real binge in ages. After successfully blocking all my usual avenues to P or P subs online, I got stuck in, how to describe it, a fantasy project that took about 8 hours yesterday. It's about the worst day I can remember having as a human being. This on top of piles of work which I ought to have been giving attention to instead. There's a lot going on in terms of lockdown, business, family... I can't complain though, but it's enough to make me want to escape I guess. In future I'll find better ways to dial out?

The worst is that I still get urges to go back there. Gah! Definitely not worth it.

3. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Member

I bet I could think up 100 reasons not to PMO, or even just P, or P subs.

Reason #1) Because when I do I immediately feel distant from my awesome wife.

BoughtWithBlood likes this.
  4. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Member

Reason #2) Because it diverts me from real life where I could be crushing it.

5. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Member

Reason #3) Because God is holy, good and true, and P is opposed to that.