Jebus journal

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by jebu, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Lightning Man

Lightning Man New Member

Getting close to the one year mark, Jebu. Hang in there.

2. jebu

jebu Member

Thanks. The enouragement is much appreciated. I am truly glad that I have gotten support and help to address my PMO issues. But as you all feel, it IS a struggle every day. But also, not be be forgot: a victory every day! :)

3. Nofapado

Nofapado Guest

Yes every day is a victory! Every day helps new pathways in the brain to grow.

4. Sidd

Sidd Guest

Hi jebu and congratulations on your great progress. It is a day by day struggle but there are times when you realise that you have put a lot of distance between old you and you today. There are also times when if the stressors are strong enough that you can feel the whole habit of relieving stress/anxiety/ worry just breathing down your neck. This is just happening to me right now and it has surprised me how much pressure there is to behave as in the past. I have not succumbed but feel quite shocked if I am honest at how certain buttons being pressed sets me off as if the last year of abstinence had not happened.

5. jebu

jebu Member

Sidd, I feel that you are very accurately describing what I experience. I feel that right now for me, the ratio of PMO/no-PMO is about 30/1 in terms of years building brain response. No wonder it is hard avoiding falling back to old behaviour. I think for me the hardest thing about it is that there is little immediate reward chemistry when I am doing what I certainly know is the best for me. In short, there is no goodies released to my brain when i choose no-PMO. But I manage to get rewards from the numerous other things in my life. The sum of those rewards is better than the short-felt pang of dopamine from PMO. I am slowly building brain sensitivity so that I can enjoy my life better and feel less numb and brain-fogged.

Thank you for your comment. It is helpful to know how others feel too.

6. Nofapado

Nofapado Guest

Today I ate lunch in the sunshine on this beautiful autumn day. It felt good in a very healthy way. The way good is supposed to feel.

7. LTE

LTE Master Of My Domain

It's great, isn't it.

8. Guy_Stewart

Guy_Stewart Well-Known Member

Jebu: You are one of the men I follow. Your strength; persistence; your kindness...pull me along and lift me up.

Just a note to say, "Thanks!"

9. jebu

jebu Member

That sounds wonderful. I have found that it is very helpful to appreciate the good things in life so that we have all the more reason to turn our back to bad old habits.
    Certainly, the more we learn to appreciate life as it comes and enjoy it to its full extent the more we are likely to turn away from false pleasures.
    I am happy for you. Lunch, sunshine and beatiful weather are certainly healthy pleasures that we should appreciate and enjoy.

10. jebu

jebu Member

Thank you yourself for your kind words. I think we both support each other so that we can create better lives for ourselves and those around us.

I have been watching your progress lately and I am happy for you. You have made som very good choices lately and I think you are much better off now than you were before. Way to go!

11. Nofapado

Nofapado Guest

Norway is preparing for a huge celebration on December 10th.

It is will be called " Jebulation Jubilation"

12. jebu

jebu Member

Ha-ha! Thanks, Nofapado. That put a smile on my face. :)

13. Nofapado

Nofapado Guest

Congratulations jebu. Happy Jebulation Jubilation. One year! Way to go. Wishing you many more.

14. Lightning Man

Lightning Man New Member

Congratulations, Jebu.

15. LTE

LTE Master Of My Domain

One year and counting. Good work my friend!

16. Rex

Rex PMO free is the only way it's going to be for me.

Jebu,

Congrats on going past the 1 year mark, that's a very big milestone. It's you and the others on this board who have succeeded in this battle that give me the drive and initiative to obtain the same goal.

Keep up the good work!

17. jebu

jebu Member

Thanks everyone. It has been a good year for me.

I have much to thank the good people here at YBR for helping me making this a good year.

I still feel that my brain is not free from bad habits. Still have to work with that. But things are generally so much better than what they were only a year ago.

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

18. LTE

LTE Master Of My Domain

You'll find that you make a lot of progress in the seccond year as well.

19. The Pakistani Guy

The Pakistani Guy New Member

Are you by anychance the Facebook admin jebus ?

20. jebu

jebu Member

No I am not.