It's time

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by JDoe, Aug 20, 2012.

1. kees

kees Who took the cool out of the coolidge effect?

Very interested, but it's bedtime for me. If I come upstairs even 55 min. later than I already am, I'm in for some serious spanking. :'(

2. JDoe

JDoe No amount of pixels is ever gonna love you back...

You say that like it's a bad thing... ;D

3. fcjl8

fcjl8 The only path for me

Funny men! so funny!

Great men having fun on the forum... Love it!

4. Zed.

Zed. Steady as she goes...

YES! Thanks for posting JD, he's such a dude - wonderful down to Earth wisdom.

5. fcjl8

240 days JD!!! I know the counting does not have the same significance to a veteran at this. But feels good to cheer you on.

Yes!

6. JDoe

Thanks so much brother...I so appreciate every bit of it. I don't think much about the days any more, but it is good every once in a while to stop and reflect on how far down the road I've come.

So...Day 240

Been very busy lately (this will continue over the next two months) so my time here will probably be even more limited than it has been recently. Just hope you all know I am still thinking of you often. Been doing a lot of inner-work, and the benefits have been huge. It sometimes seems like, as the level of madness swirling around me increases, I am simultaneously feeling an equivalent (and balancing) level of inner-peace increasing to neutralize that effect. I am growing. It feels amazing, after so many years of what felt like plateau/stagnation. Getting the addiction out of my life was a huge part of that, I have no doubt. But it wasn't ALL of it.

Amazing things are happening all around me, and I know it is no accident.

I am finding my truth, and with it - my peace. At last.
    The Universe and I are hanging out together like a couple of brothers who have finally grown older - to that point where they no longer need to constantly squabble and argue, and can just appreciate each other. With love. I don't know how else to say it than that. I will not pretend that there isn't still a lot of work to do to build that relationship further...but that's just a journey that never ends. It just feels like I (we) finally crossed some sort of bridge, into a new land. And it's really, really fucking good! 8)

Love to you all.

7. better_reward

better_reward High-speed connection is an oxymoron.™

Words of an elder. A beautiful, serene image that should be made into a painting cause I don't want to forget it. Total acceptance. Riding the milky way on a motorcycle, perhaps? 8) I will be right along side you. Love to you bro.

8. Confused

Confused New Member

Lead the way JD...........you are heading to a higher level.............leave your footprints in the sand for others to follow.

9. LTE

LTE Master Of My Domain

I bet it's amazing to look back at how much has changed in your life since August.

10. youngoldie

youngoldie Onwards comrades - we have to go back!

Hi JDoe,

I'm making similar experiences. Feeling peace and harmony with the world and my surroundings. Not always, but there are moments which I never experienced before. And I am sure, that this comes not out of me. It's a loving power which gives me peace, power and joy.

Once you wrote that religion brings quarrel. And I see that I is true somehow. I tried to discuss with Jon (NO-PMO from a Christian point of view). And it was like walking through a jungle, cutting and chopping lianes and branches without an end.

Today I came to your site and I read the simple words of your experience and I felt well to hear it. It is also my experience of an improved life and comming to a rest inmidst the troubled and stirred-up world. And it's because of leaving that one addiction, followed by another list of unnecessary habits and searching for the real thing. For me the real thing is God, not that one of doctrines and rules, but the loving one who likes to share his God-ness with all human beings.

I did only some small steps in that direction and there is still a long way to go. But I'm very hopeful that always progress is possible.

So move on!

11. Zed.

Yes, yes, and thrice yes my man. Wonderful reading mate, as always. Much love and respect, as always.

12. JustDoIt

JustDoIt Never give up, Never give up!, NEVER GIVE UP!

Congrats on the 240++ JD!! Miss you being around all the time, but it's really uplifting and challenging to see you following through with your people oriented career change! Encourages me to get off my ass more and work toward my goals too.

Also appreciate the testimony of the great things you're experiencing from work on your inner landscape! Keep the inner landscape clean and it's a lot easier to handle the outer one!! Have loved all your great encouragement to me in this area!

13. JDoe

Thanks to all of you men. I only have a little time to stop by this morning...then I must rush off to the hospital. (Have no fear - I'm on the 'taking care of patient's'-side of the equation there!) ;)

I have personal messages I need to respond to as well, and unfortunately they will have to wait.

In the interest of making the best use of what little time I have here this morning, I'd like to drop this video on you all. I just saw it for the first time last night, after a long day. If nothing else, please watch the first 20 minutes or so. Youngoldie's message really was timely indeed; I read it right after I saw this video. It sums up, with absolute perfection, everything I myself would ever wish to say on the subject of 'religion' - a topic that seems to have loomed large in my communications on this forum as of late (I am not entirely sure why, but I don't believe in accidents either. All shall be revealed...as it always is.) :)

And then I awoke to the news this morning from Boston, a town I know well - not far from where I grew up.
    And I wanted to share this with you all the more.

Enjoy. Feel. Know you are loved.

-JD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd0O456LK2c

14. kees

Really great video. It got me thinking.

15. fcjl8

I'm not Buddhist but this is a really wonderful video JDoe!

16. youngoldie

youngoldie Onwards comrades - we have to go back!

Thank you JDoe for sharing that. Even I learned something. And I saw that Buddhists are trying to see everybody and to get to know him and to help him. And in the light of that knowledge I try to put my believe into a nutshell. I just try:

There is a power or being behind everthing in the universe. He likes to draw everbody towards him and give him all the divinity he has, and to change him from a creature into a God like he is.

Everybody can have acess to his peace and power and joy to fill the emptyness and meaninglessness in his life. So there is no need to use drugs and habits to find satisfaction.

There are no conditions and no labour to get them. Find a place and time, breath in and out, collect and absorb these free gifts. Let stream them towards others. And start to get changed into the being you are meant to be.

Hmm, seems to be the Gospel according to Youngoldie...

17. kees

Hunde, wollt Ihr ewig leben? ;D

18. JDoe

YES!

19. JDoe

And thanks to everyone who took the time to watch the video. I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

May we all be a part of creating a world where we focus on what unites us, instead of what divides us.

20. Zed.

Thanks again for posting such a wonderful talk JDoe - that one is a BELTER. Mind you pretty much all of his are!

Hope all is well with your various dramas and hoping you're keeping your eye of the storm calm with everything mate.

Stay fucking brilliant man.