It's time

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by DoneWithIt, Aug 31, 2021.

1. DoneWithIt

DoneWithIt New Member

Hi Everyone, first time poster here.
    I'm 45 years old and I've been addicted to PMO for as long as I can remember. Over the years my addiction went from magazines, to VHS to online picture and now for the last 10 years or so, online videos. It's to easy. I've consulted without any success since most therapist don't really know anything about PMO addiction. Honestly, most therapist focus on anxiety and not the PMO aspect of the problems that I'm having. Some even would forget the reason why I was visiting. The one thing that I was able to figure out with those sessions, is that as a kid, I would use M as a way to deal with stress and anxiety, something that has escalated as I grew older. Now it's affecting work, my relationship with my longtime girlfriend (we have a 10 year old daughter) and life in general. Add to the mix a very stressful job situation, then a job change... and now my PMO is out of control.
    In the last couple of years, I was able to stop for 6 weeks twice, not sure why the 6 weeks mark is where I relapse. Might just be the dreaded flatline. I'm thinking about telling my GF, I've been meaning to talk to her about it for years now...but can't get myself to do it.
    So this is it. As I post this, I will start the counter. Wish me luck.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard ! Don't tell you're G/ f yet ! This is about you ! Read journals as many as you can

3. badger

badger Active Member

welcome fellow traveler.
    if you have a problem with PMO, you're in the right place.

4. Old Tom Bombadil

Old Tom Bombadil Active Member

Welcome DoneWithIt. Sorry to hear things have become very difficult. All the best to you on your journey to a better place,
    Old Tom