In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by axebattler, Dec 28, 2019.

1. positivef

positivef Member

Are there any reasons why you need/want to use chats room legitimately? If so can something else be used as a substitute?

Also, I've noticed that after I think I've successfully resisted something that I then have tendency to then fall in. It's like my brain relaxing after the strain, or thinking aren't I good for resisting!

2. axebattler

axebattler Member Staff Member

There's no legitimate reason, whether it's an "adult" chat room or a "normal" chat room. Maybe some people can use them legitimately but I can't.

Yeah that can be an issue. I feel kind of "cured" of the addiction sometimes and then I let my guard down.

3. axebattler

Maybe you mean, am I using chat rooms partly just to "connect" with people and things like that? There is a bit of that, but they're terrible places to do so.

Anything else remotely positive can be used as a substitute. I just need to avoid live, online chat.

4. Livetolive

Livetolive Member

There's a passage in the bible that says "let he that think he stands take head les he fall" there's a spiritual implication but also a practical one in that we must never let are guard down. Treat every successful streak as if you just relapsed yesterday and need another streak going.

axebattler likes this.
  5. axebattler

I've been keeping a journal on another forum the past few days. Although I use this forum and the other one every day, I've been neglecting my journal writing somewhat so I'm trying to get back to writing a little every day.

At the moment, the other forum is "currently disabled", so I'll write here. About time I updated this journal anyway.

Day Four

Four days ago I logged into a chat room and I also looked at P-subs. I've been clean since and I intend to stay that way!

Today was all right. I wasn't overly tempted. I've been getting more thoughts of P than usual, and this is almost certainly a result of looking at P-subs recently.

Chat, P-subs and P: I've got to avoid all three. If I do one I get cravings for the others.

Right, I feel like getting off the computer now, which is probably a good idea!

Thelongwayhome27 likes this.