hair loss

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by lylemcd, Feb 25, 2016.

1. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

is there any way to prevent hair loss?

what about shampoos that inhibt DHT?
    like ketoconazole,

maybe Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo will help?

or should I just go to bosely??

[​IMG]

2. Hello Penis My Old Friend

Hello Penis My Old Friend Well-Known Member

Go BAP: Bald and Proud ;)

3. Metal

Metal Get busy living or get busy dying

No there is no way if it's genetic.

But if it's not in your genes, then you need to stop masturbating because you are losing minerals and spiking DHT, fucking up your hormones in the long run.

If you're showing signs of balding, then you're already facing a losing battle.

There ain't no shame in being bald, just accept it and don't dwell on it. I've got loads of friends who went bald early in their life, but they didn't let it effect their confidence, they just shaved it off and didn't think about it.

4. Striveforpurity

Striveforpurity All praise and glory to our Lord Jesus Christ.

I don't know about DHT shampoos but there are lots of reasons for partial hair loss.

5. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

never said there was anything wrong with being bald
    just looking for a shampoo that might prevent it

I'd rather be 6'5" than 5'5', right? if I could find a way to grow if I was 5'5" id do it, and not be "short and proud" or "bald and proud"

while my confidence isnt linked to tangible items
    people don't get to know you...right? people judge you on your looks
    I'd rather have hair than not have hair

so I'll do what I can to keep it...

6. Metal

No, real people judge others on their personality. Superficial idiots who are not worth knowing, judge people on their looks.

No shampoo exists that is going to grow your hair back. If there was, don't you think most people would be using it instead of going through with hair replacement surgery?

You looking for some magical holy grail that doesn't exist. Accept the hair loss and move on. You're comparison to height is just as childish. If you're short, then you have to accept your height, not look for magic to correct it.

7. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

LOL
    huh?
    "REAL people"
    wtf is that?

no one is looking for shampoo that will grow hair back, least I'm not
    re-read what I wrote and try to understand

least that's what a "REAL"
    man would do!

ololololol

8. Metal

Don't patronise me with your bs.

You opened a thread about hair loss, and so if you hadn't lost hair already, you wouldn't be looking for this magic shampoo.

Or are you one of these guys who are just taking safe precautions in case it does happens? ::)

What I mean as in Real people are those who have substance and depth - who don't base everything all around someone's looks. Maybe if you stopped watching shit like Jersey shore, you'd have an idea of what I'm talking about and wouldn't have to waste my time spelling it out for you.

I was just trying to help, but its up to you if you want to fret like a bitch over your hair loss and how others percieve you, while you look for some fairytale magic potion that will reverse the process like you see in the cartoons.

9. Hello Penis My Old Friend

A friend of mine reversed his early hair loss by taking a drug intended to treat prostate cancer. At the right dose it can cause your hair to grow back. He was going quite thin and now it's back to full thickness. Can't remember what it was called.

10. Metal

The drug is called propecia and it is very dangerous, because it causes a hellish withdrawal where you losing your hair becomes a walk in a park compared to dealing with the side effects of that drug.

11. Hello Penis My Old Friend

I'm not sure he would even notice tbh, he loves drugs of all kinds. I went the route of the razor but my hair wasn't a big part of my identity so don't mind being bald, he was terrified of losing it.

12. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

exactly
    why I was asking about a topical rather than systemic drug
    not about perspectives on hair loss from the peanut gallery
    LOL
    can't handle my sense of humor? stop giving unsolicited advice..duh :p
    no one cares about your personal opinions
    fact is people judge you on how you look
    I'd rather have hair than not have hair..
    just from the fact I don't want to have to wear a hat to protect my scalp the sun, unlike the many bald man who dont wear caps and get spots on their skulll

[​IMG]
    "real man"
    hilarious--shows you arent someone anyone would want to know...on and offline

like this stuff
    [​IMG]

13. Metal

Well with your attitude I'd wager sooner or later your worst fears will be realised and you will be bald wearing a wife beater on the beach with remnants of hair sticking out at the side. Maybe then you'll realise that it ain't so bad being bald.

Some women even prefer bald men would you believe.

Your lame humour doesn't exactly derive with any originality, just generic pop culture bs that doesn't impress me in the slightest.

If you had any kind of personality that was a least bit interesting then you wouldn't be crying about going bald.

Men like you panic when they see their hair dropping out and look for all sorts of snake oil that will give hope of remedying your problem, even though you know deep down it's bs, you still will cling on to the hope that it will work, like this mythical hair grow shampoo you're seeking, simply because your whole identity is based on your appearance.

14. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

dude, you have A HUGE sig...just another reason why you are a pain!
    with your attitude I question if you ever got with a man or woman??!!
    I'm confident you have major issues going on with yourself, as you realize you continue to press on with your unsolicited advice and are going off topic about the point of this thread/./
    You keep doing it though,. which shows you clearly have some issues
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/freedom-learn/201012/unsolicited-advice-i-hate-it-you-hate-it-so-do-your-kids

My attitude?
    seriously man, Im good natured on off line. most of the crap I say is funnyish+ with a hint of truth
    I have no fear of baldness, but change is a pain and I prefer to stay the hairy dude I am, eh?
    yes, some XX like the bald mean
    -You can't tell my personality from a few posts from the internet, you think you can? HAHAH well, that's telling of your mental abilities
    Identify is built on appearance, which is why people

which is why people don't drive crappy looking cars that get great MPG or wear PJs everywhere they go

I found my shampoo from the 1st post as I was looking into preventing BPH

but derail the thread some more with your BS that no one cares about
    or use the time to go out and make some friends and GIVE Them advice about shit they didnt ask you for!

meanwhile, stay boring and keep posting about shit no one cares about
    [​IMG]

15. Metal

I'm past the point of giving advice so I don't know why you keep crying about ''unsolicited advice'' like some victim. Maybe because you think it sounds like a smart rebuttal, but it doesn't make any sense within the context of what we're discussing.

Especially considering you opened a thread asking a question to no one in particular on a public message board.

Meanwhile you showing your own hypocrisy and contradiction which you don't even see, labelling people with mental issues, even though most here are probably struggling with some personal issue otherwise they wouldn't be on here.

Anyway I'm done here, having a conversation with you is like trying to teach maths to someone with downs.

Let us know when you've found that magical regrow shampoo lol

16. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

oh quit ur whining

good god man, you can't read

no hypocrisy, I never shit about what I do, I just said what other people do
    I didn't say it was right or wrong
    I just said its what they do...cause it is

you want to listen to your "feeelings" and be all emotional about what is "right" and what people "should do" LOOL
    come back to the real world

you listen to the voices in your head
    yeah i asked a question on a "public board" so what? was that supposed to mean something? ?? ;) and you keep going off topic and talking about your feelings and thoughts..

NO ONE CARES your personal emotional "(problems) "thoughts"
    we want empirical and logical thinking..take your estrogen laden self out of this thread

Im done with you, I cant teach you how to read basic English, much less teach you to comprehend what you read

*sigh*
    dealing with stupid people stresses me out

17. OU812

OU812 New Member

For a different perspective read up on stuff from Dr. Ray Peat & Danny Roddy. 'Hair like a Fox' is a great book.

18. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

good stuff,
    I'll look into it

reminds of me Dr levys book
    "death by calcium"
    where he shows how eating high calcium foods are bad for you
    high calcium does not reduce fractures
    http://www.amazon.com/Death-Calcium-New-First-Edition/dp/0615889603

or just watch his lecture on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwi9iZvudXA

19. Complex

Complex Member

@Metal

Theres nothing wrong with wanting prevent baldness. He had hair his whole life so why would he want to lose it. Its not even about how other people see you. Maybe he like having hair?. And maybe he can't prevent his hair loss but maybe he can. I think you are defending yourself in a way cause your are bald and it annoys you when other people try prevent whats natural.

If your ear was falling off you what be asking what can i do to stop it because the normal person wouldn't want to walk around without a ear.

Lyle make sure you dont have any nutritional deficiencies.. things like zinc, iron and your b complex will

20. lylemcd

lylemcd Member

exactly
    and besides the point, it's healthy to have hair! otherwise you have to wear a hat/sunscreen or get the spots/cancer on your head
    sheesh
    [​IMG]