Grow some BALLS: The Rise of Man Manningston

Discussion in 'Ages 20-24' started by Apeman, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Apeman need to see you reaching those incredible hearts again my friend, do it for the lads!! Do it for you, but honestly it never worked this pmo thing. Was something the first time, then every other time to follow was trying to relive that first encounter.

You dont need to fight, just flourish. You went 70-something days clean, correct? in case you havent noticed you are far from the definition of a hardcore addict, whose constantly subjugated to their desire. This is a Good Will Hunting type of situation, your like Will, a guy whose undeniably capable and could get on, dont waste your best years on this nonsense.

Keep On Gunning Champ, Hope this finds you well.

FO

2. TheNewBorn

TheNewBorn Guest

Learn from every false step, be prepared to do whatever is needed to be done. Cut alcohol, fine something else that gives you rewards! Set your standards as high as you dare, and rock the world :D

Play on this guitar, do not limit yourself to execute notes!!

3. BreakingtheHabit

BreakingtheHabit New Member

I feel for you my friend - always a disappointment to relapse. Tough how the habit of PMO can intertwine with other habitual patterns like drinking or internet use.

4. fugu

fugu "You know, feelin' good, livin' betta." :) Staff Member

Don't get too bent up about the relapses man! You're still pushing the right direction. Honestly, all that determination adds up. You get better the more you try!

5. Mr J

Mr J Guest

Great attitude, it is difficult to avoid binge but a lot of my great streaks have come on the back of avoiding that binge temptation.
    Have fun at the gig, doing what ya love!

6. Sellotape

Sellotape Member

Hey Apeman, sorry to hear about your recent relapse. I have fallen into the relapse due to alcohol trap many many times. Giving up booze seems like the natural remedy to this problem but is it sustainable to completely give up drinking? Do you plan to give up for the rest of your life? If your just giving up for a bit then my experience is that its not that difficult to do for a month or so but learning how to alter your drinking habits permanently is a lot more challenging. If your like me and you'd like to still enjoy a beer or glass of wine or occasionally get a bit drunk but not completely loose control then giving up for a month or so from my experience has never really helped. I have always found that as soon as I complete my month or so of sobriety within a few weeks I return back to the same habits I had before. I have been trying out a new Alchodroid drinking app which helps you monitor your alcohol consumption. It just brings awareness to your drinking habits so you can identify when you need to stop. Has worked pretty well for me so far.

listened to one of the podcasts you were on btw. which was awesome, a great idea too. Keep up the enthusiasm man like you always have, its infectious.

7. gameover

gameover Age: 26

Sounds like we relapsed the same day.

Its funny being in a good place to a bad place mentally in the period of 24 hours. You know what to do, You know what works and what triggers you. You just need that extra little bit of discipline as do I.

8. Brush this off and get back on the grind, Apeman. If alcohol is a serious trigger for you, consider dropping it altogether or at least limiting intake, and track adherence alongside your PMO. See my spreadsheet as an example... I noticed that whenever I used eat a shitload of sugary foods on any given day, it raised the likelihood of relapse significantly. And since sugar's crap for me in other ways (as is alcohol), I endeavored to cut it out. Deliberately avoiding the likely precursors to relapse helps a great deal in avoiding relapse--for me at least.

Hope this helps and hope you're killing it at your shows

9. Original Jeff

Original Jeff Don't settle for a quick-fix; unravel the layers.

No need to apologise, mate. Just get back on the horse and smile :D!

10. Mr J

Mr J Guest

Apeman what's cracking? :)

11. gameover

Whats happening mate? You doing okay?

12. Apeman, Brother, wake up!! You've been comatose awhile, I'm just hoping that you're doing well and being excellent to yourself. Do look over your journal. Remember that guy you were, that guy still lives within. Always remember, to quote you:

" DO IT FOR HER!!"

13. Original Jeff

Original Jeff Don't settle for a quick-fix; unravel the layers.

Since Apeman hasn't been on here for a while I feel I should tell you guys - Jack has been away for a while because he is literally living life to the full every day. He has found a real good balance and is feeling awesome. He told me today that to him, this is what recovery feels like. I'm sure he'll be on here soon to tell you guys how he's been doing, but until then you'll hear him on the weekly YBR show. Peace out :D

14. Mr J

Mr J Guest

(Y) Cheers Jeff, and great stuff Jack :)

15. Jeff much thanks to you for the update, haha of course he's feeling awesome, he's just Jack. I send you both Peace fellas, keep connected with each other. Enjoy your summers and rest of year too.

At ease gentleman

FO

:D

16. Cozmo

Cozmo Member

17. baywalker

baywalker Active Member

^ This

18. Apeman

Apeman It means you're a baboon... And I'm not

Many thanks to foreveroptimistic, Jeff, fugu, Mr J, Cozmo, Baywalker, Per Aspera, gameover, Modern Man, and BreakingtheHabit for your support. Your concern and care make this forum great.

The Return

After a nasty slip and fall, I'm back. A lot has happened since I've been gone. Briefly:

• Started working as a bartender again (I had tried bartending 3 years ago, in the height of my addiction, and was such a nervous wreck around customers that I mostly hid in the back. I had a minor breakdown and fled the job after a couple weeks). Now I'm back, I'm good at it, and I'm making good money. In fact...
    • I paid off my loans, becoming debt-free
    • Resolved to leave my parent's basement, and indeed the entire state, on September 20th, the day after my 25th birthday
    • Started cold-approaching pretty girls, not out of a sense of grim duty, but because I'm starting to feel compelled to talk to them instead of watching them pass

My goal is as follows:

Go 90 days (~13 weeks), then 150 days (~21 weeks) without artificial sexual stimulation.

I am equipped with a repertoire of tried-and-true tactics and fulfilling activities to meet this challenge. I will be posting on a weekly basis as I steadily climb to 13, then 21 weeks.

Lesdodis

19. gameover

Good news mate.

Must be pretty nerve racking starting to cold approach girls? Something I have never had the balls to do thats for sure.

20. iHaveSeenEvil

iHaveSeenEvil Do it for her, the mother of my children.

I hope you get yourself off to a great start.
    Bar tending has always been an interest of mine, it takes a lot of social skills :)
    Sounds like a good way to meet people too!