Grow some BALLS: The Rise of Man Manningston

Discussion in 'Ages 20-24' started by Apeman, Apr 10, 2013.

1. fugu

fugu "You know, feelin' good, livin' betta." :) Staff Member

The shout outs! :D

2. Original Jeff

Original Jeff Don't settle for a quick-fix; unravel the layers.

Chills mate. Chills! That was a very human post. I often find myself making promises of that nature too. Although I don't know if it's worth doing anything just for pussy, it's certainly a good place to start! You and I both know that it's really yourself that you're doing it for anyway. The pussy is just the current motivating factor.

3. Sound fx

Sound fx How bad do you want it? GO GET IT THEN.

Great show from y'all man I really liked that. Will DEFINITELY stay tuned.

Apeman you sound like a badass dude!

4. Mr J

Mr J Guest

Great comics!

It's important to be able to monetize whatever you're doing at somepoint realistically though, you can't become a full-time dreamer :p It'd be a great situation to be in if ones parents were wealthy and they give you the resources to do whatever you want x)
    I'm applying for some standard officey jobs at the minute just to pay my rent and start saving after uni, however I agree with Alan Watts, my overall plan is to parlay the savings and some investment after a couple of years and start a business in something I feel excited about :)

@apeman I love your motivation from the events at the bar, something simple like that is enough to spike your emotion and create a kickstart into the life you want. As Jim Rohn says "success is something you attract by the person you become" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdBkmAJtCbE

5. JediMindTricks

JediMindTricks 23 y/o with a mission!

Listening to the podcast now. So fun to hear your voices ;D Great initiative.

Sorry for not welcoming you back yet, Apeman. Welcome back man, I love your journal and I read every post. I just don't respond every time, I've been really busy lately. I love the Alan Watts comic, one of my favourite messages from him.

Gonna listen through the podcast now :) Great stuff so far!

6. Apeman

Apeman It means you're a baboon... And I'm not

@JediMindTricks Thanks for the warm welcome, mate! I'm glad to know you dig the show AND my journal. Gives me the fuzzies, it does :D

@Mr J I've been mulling over that comic ever since I saw it. It's true, you've got to make money somehow, but if you take a thorough census of the kinds of activities and situations you desire, you stand a good chance of finding something you could support yourself with. In my experience, I never get good at something if my sole motivation is how much cash it's going to net me down the line. I get good at the things I love doing for their own sake. For example: I never considered being a musician to be a realistic line of work; I just played in my spare time because it made me happy. Now, having been rejected from a dozen grad schools, I've just gotten a gig playing music in a pub for the summer. Suddenly, all that playing I did just for kicks has become my most marketable skill! And since playing in front of people is scary and uncomfortable but ultimately worthwhile, I know it's going to force my continued growth.

@Sound fx Aw thanks, Sound! Stay tuned, we're just warming up!

@Jeff You're right. It's a hell of a motivator, though. ;)

@fugu Shout out to fugu's girlfriend!

Day >= 10: Quarantined

It's official. My last lapse remained a single, isolated incident. It's the first time I've accomplished such a thing.

I'm super stoked about it. Why? Because binging separates addicts from non-addicts. Avoiding the binge is a critical step toward recovery.

Leveling Up

Allow me to draw your attention to the following bit of wisdom from Tongya, by way of fugu's journal:

I don't know about you, but that shit blew my mind. And it came to me at the perfect moment: when I was wrestling with cravings. As soon as I read it, it re-framed my whole world. I looked at my craving and said "Awwww yeah, it's level up time!"

So I grabbed a leash and took my dog on a walk.

My town is on a hill surrounded by mountains. My dog and I hiked a trail up one of the surrounding mountains. When we arrived at the summit, I had to take a piss. I whipped my dick out and pissed from the peak, my town laid out below me.

As I finished, the sun was setting. Storm clouds gathered on the horizon, and a cool breeze blew over me. I froze. The breeze on my cock and balls felt so damn good. I realized I couldn't remember the last time they'd been exposed to the open air. The breeze came again, and I was transfixed by how fucking great it felt.

I must've stood there for 10 minutes, with my dick in the wind, hanging naked over my town. I cannot overstate how good it felt. I have had sex that didn't measure up to this. It was like getting a blowjob from a cool, refreshing river.

When I got home, it was dark. The cravings had passed.

And you know what it felt like?

[​IMG]

7. gameover

gameover Age: 26

Lol that hiking story is great. Getting a blow job from nature = winning.

8. BreakingtheHabit

BreakingtheHabit New Member

Man your "level up" post is great, I came home to killer cravings tonight and plan to switch off my computer immediately after having read that. Thank you - exactly the motivation I needed.

9. Tongya Kupana

Tongya Kupana New Member

The urge is a gate. Let yourself pass through the urge, and you'll find yourself in a whole new world, on a new level.

10. TheNewBorn

TheNewBorn Guest

Great story mate, keep on going and leveling up, the ones around you are going to be like:
    [​IMG]

11. JediMindTricks

DING!

Gratz on the level up. You're soon gonna have to get the expansion pack if you wanna keep levelling ;D

Now that you've gotten a blowjob from a breeze, does this mean you have had heightened sensitivity lately, or has it always been that good? It would not have felt that good for me, as my sensitivity is really low :(

12. Apeman

@gameover Thanks, it really did feel like a win ;D

@BreakingtheHabit Happy to help, mate!

@Tongya I have to thank you again for shifting my perspective, Tongya. You saved me.

@TheNewBorn I'm gonna need to do some serious power-leveling before I hit over 9000, but I'm up for it!

@JediMindTricks I hadn't even considered sensitivity! I can't remember the last time my dick felt a breeze, but as a guy who suffered DE, I'd say this is a really good sign.

If you haven't checked out the Your Brain Rebalanced Podcast, feast your ears upon

Episode 2: Surviving Relapse, and other Protips for the Danger Zone! featuring gameover

I'm going to take a break from the forum for awhile. I'll be headed to the forum for people addicted to this forum.

Meanwhile, I'll be power-leveling to over 9000.

Peace!

13. Mr J

Mr J Guest

@Apeman, haha "my dog and me hiked" did he wear special shoes? ;P Hiking is one of the most satisfying activities I've ever done. totally going next weekend now!

That gig is such a good opportunity, are you playing solo or in a band? Maybe there will be opportunities to meet other musicians and the gig promoters more :D

How did you find your passion? Or did it just occur to you, I love playing guitar this is what I want to do?

Mr J

14. bikeguy

bikeguy Member

How do you guys do the podcast thing? Is it all through skype?

15. Apeman

Gettin' clean's the easy part. And then comes life.
    -Walon, The Wire

First gig of the summer tonight. In the final hour before showtime, I paced through my house yelling at myself "What the fuck are you going to do??!"

But there was no backing out. I had committed myself. My signature was on a piece of paper. So I packed up my gear, and I went.

I had been hired to co-host an open mic at a local pub. I needed 20 minutes of solo musical material. For the last week or so, I've been working up that material, though I still hadn't settled on a set list.

So when I walked into the club, I had a vague idea of what I would play, and in what order, but I was still playing it by ear.

Showtime came and went. I mounted the stage and played.

Now, to my own judgment, I fell flat on my face. I snapped a string on my second song and dragged myself to a wreck of a finish. But in the tepid, polite applause that greeted the end of that miserable second song, I realized it wasn't that bad. Failure, that is. Not that bad. So I said "fuck it."

From then on, I played for my own amusement. And people started digging it. By the time I left the stage, I had plenty of people to drink with (I suspended my no-alcohol streak in favor of getting some Liquid Courage tonight).

I have much room for improvement. I fell far short of my own standards. But I dared, and I survived. I left the bar with new friends and pretty girls kissing my cheeks.

Moral of the Story: I committed myself to something that scared the shit out of me. I couldn't back out. It ended up being completely worthwhile, and I grew as a person, despite falling short of my own standards.

@Mr J It wasn't a matter of "this is my passion!" so much as it was just blind happenstance. I've played jazz in a club for a couple summers now. The owner decided he wanted to put on an open mic night, and he asked me to play the opening night. Even though I've never played a solo show, I agreed.

16. JediMindTricks

That's a real life level up right there! Congratulations on doing the show and seeing it through to the end. I find that almost nothing that we do needs to be regretted as long as we turn it into a learning experience.

Glad to see someone doing what they love! See the summer gigs as your practice ground for doing solo shows and you'll do great :)

17. BreakingtheHabit

BreakingtheHabit New Member

That's great! Huge opportunities for growth in moments like that. What life's all about!

18. Mr J

Mr J Guest

Great story, really pushed yourself out of a comfort zone there.
    Woaw jazz, you must be pretty darn good then my friend :)

19. gameover

gameover Age: 26

Sounds like you did well at your gig mate.

20. Apeman

My celebratory suspension of my no-drinking policy became last night's peek became today's relapse. Apologies to Jeff. My mind was too far gone, mate.

My relapse is not yet a binge. That's the next dragon to slay. Luckily, I have a gig tonight to keep me occupied, and I'm not going to drink.

Update: Make that a double. BRB, rethinking my shit. I heard somewhere that difficult situations we repeatedly face are lessons we don't want to learn. Better learn my lesson before this spirals out of control.

Mon Visage