GER musician & podcaster - Logbook: Unleash my true potential!

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Fry, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Fry

Fry New Member

Unfortunately and after 28 days I relapsed...I won't beat around the bush, it feels depressing and absolutely demotivating, also because it felt as if I was on a great streak. But a combination of negative influences led to my relapse. An intense workweek with tremendous cognitive challenges and therefore the need for a reward, too less sleep and a little hangover (I had a few glasses of wine).

I know that it is very important to be honest and open about all this, cause all you guys here and the forum in general are very helpful on my journey.
    Today I start over and try to learn/ evaluate as much as I can out of this fall-back.

I know that I have to observe my inner feelings a bit closer and to take care of my self a bit better in order to stay strong...
    Change: I will check in more often and try to describe my feelings along the way.

Pete McVries likes this.
  2. Fry

Fry New Member

DAY 4 Check-in: Those first four days were more difficult than those during my last streak. There is this constant voice in my head that wants me to relapse again, like "what does it matter, you got weak anyway, how about one more time". Still, I remain strong and try to focus on the important things in life. My family and girlfriend, music, podcasts, fitness, you name it. But I realised that I need to deep digger in order to understand the reasons for my addiction. Therefore I made the decision to go to therapy as well, in order to work on things that are below the surface of my conscious mind.
    I'll try to keep checking regularly and looking forward to communicate with you guys.

Pete McVries likes this.
  3. Thelongwayhome27

Thelongwayhome27 Well-Known Member

Well done on being honest about the "relapse" after 28 days and coming here to explain the motives for it. The elements you mention that you think have led to your slip are very very similar to the ones that made me fall off my last good streak. Including being hungover. When we are close to slipping I think that if we have a few too many, next day we are in serious trouble. Well done on getting back on 4 days right after (I'm at about 4 days too now but I slipped a few more times after my initial relapse). Good luck onward and also with the therapy, that's good stuff !