General quality of food

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by jack91, May 6, 2017.

1. jack91

jack91 Find your way throuh Staff Member

I just wondered how everyone of us is eating, and where the quality of food in general is weakest and strongest

Here in finland situation is probably around normal if compared to other countries, we import almost everything from other countries but we have pretty good standards what we let in. Yet when u import all our food from elswhere they are filled with pestosides and toxins to prolong lifespan of products. Veggies for example are brought from central or east europe and while they are branded "quality class 1" status its still full of pestosides etc.

I also know lots of people buy ready to heat packages and they sell out like crazy, people really like to eat fast and those are so full of toxins its barely leagal lol
    Its same than eating pizza, when you for example eat those 400grams ham and macarones packages. Everyone is eating them.

I eat in general okay. I am hospitalized and same time doing voluntary work where ill get pretty good foods. Our hospital dont have best indegrients around but we have our own cook.

How do you eat and hows your country's eating habits?

2. DanielHeller

DanielHeller New Member

“A calorie is a calorie” is an oft-repeated dietary slogan, and not overeating is indeed an important health measure. Rather than focusing on calories alone, however, emerging research shows that quality is also key in determining what we should eat and what we should avoid in order to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Rather than choosing foods based only on caloric value, think instead about choosing high-quality, healthy foods, and minimizing low-quality foods.

3. sower

sower New Member

I eat too healthy. What do I mean by that? Well I could probably save a few bucks and watch the pesticide levels in my body rise but the thing is, too healthy never killed anyone.

So ya there is the whole debate around GMO's and organic vs. "non-organic" lol, I just see it as if I can be addicted to nutritious foods and eat way too healthy for my own bad, well Idk where this is going so let me just finish by saying watch Forks Over Knives, Cowspiracy, and What the Health and tell me if you look at food the same way ever again.

I think they're all on Netflix?

Oh and jack I hope you are well. I won't pry into why you are hospitalized..

4. rebalancedboy

rebalancedboy New Member

u lucky ones

5. jack91

jack91 Find your way throuh Staff Member

How so?