Free from Suffering

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by Professor Chaos, Nov 11, 2012.

1. nuclpow

nuclpow Well-Known Member

Keep at it, PC. 42 days is nothing to sneeze at.

2. BoughtWithBlood

BoughtWithBlood Active Member

Yesterday was a great victory. I’m proud of you man! Today you are capable of winning again. :D You’re doing great, keep it up!

3. -Luke-

-Luke- Well-Known Member

Good work, PC! 42 days is great. Imagine one day equals one kilometre. Than you've already finished a marathon by now.

Pete McVries likes this.
  4. BoughtWithBlood

Hey PC, how’s it going?

-Luke- likes this.
  5. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos Active Member

Day 33.
    I relapsed shortly after my post. Then I got back up. Dusted myself off and now I’m back to day 33. Never give up, never surrender.

thanks for check in.
    PC.

6. Professor Chaos

Day 56

I’m a dad. To a little girl. She’s very small, but she’s the most perfect thing I’ve ever made. It’s been a super stressful time, but I’m staying clean and staying safe. I hope you all are too. More updates to follow.

PC.

Shady, -Luke-, nuclpow and 2 others like this.
  7. BoughtWithBlood

Congratulations with your daughter! Mom and baby well and healthy?

Professor Chaos likes this.
  8. Thelongwayhome27

Thelongwayhome27 Well-Known Member

Congrats PC !!

9. -Luke-

-Luke- Well-Known Member

Nice to hear, PC! Congrats to the young family.

10. Professor Chaos

Day 73

Still here. Still going strong. My little one is very cute. She still is not back from the hospital yet, but we are expecting her home next week.

some mild urges, but nothing extreme. One brush with fate, but I locked down my browser tight. I have a rule that if I slip up on a particular day to increase my restrictions for at least a week. The password to unlock those settings is a 12 digit code I keep in a physical notebook.

that way if I really want to access something. I have to go to another desk to get the code. This works well.

hope everyone else is ok.

PC.

11. Professor Chaos

Day 91

three month mark. Damn, being a parent is tiring, but rewarding. Notice a massive drop in my sexual interest in pretty much anything. Feels like a massive flatline. Still feels good to be clean. Have been looking at my phone a lot. Boredom mostly. News sites and social media feeds. There’s a lot of waiting around as a parent. Need to stay on top of it. Going to try and take a quick power nap.

peace.
    PC.

12. Apeman

Apeman It means you're a baboon... And I'm not

[​IMG]
    CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a father!!!
    And a little extra congratulations on the big 90 ;)

To what do you credit your milestone, PC?

Deleted User likes this.
  13. Shady

Shady Active Member

14. Professor Chaos

Day 94

a lack of time. :) I think P is something you can indulge in when you are Time rich. It’s also a their the robs you of those precious hours. You need to be able to hide away from the world for a few hours to indulge in a P habit and I have been quite literally too busy.

also having a daughter makes you really connect a lot more to your responsibilities as a man. To be a good role model for her and to teach her important lessons about herself. About respect and about how to value your body and the bodies people around you.

Also I’m feeling ultra sensitive at the moment. Had to stop watching a violent tv show as I was actually finding it too distressing. This whole process re-wires your brain.

PC.

15. Professor Chaos

Day 100.

babysitting detail. Still going strong. Battling a lot of restlessness at the moment and trying to find a place to settle down my mind. It’s been acing a lot at the moment. Hungry for stimulation. Too much news cycle and social media. Worried I’m swapping one addiction for another. Considering a media black out of a week or something similar. Need to let my mind reset. Need to find time to do some meditation. My daughter is doing really well and packing on the weight. My wife and I are working as a team. It’s hard, but I really think I picked the right person to share my life with. Just came back from a walk. Got to go. Baby is crying.

16. Professor Chaos

Day 102
    Strong urges and fantasies today. Lots of sexual background noise and I can feel myself retreating into fantasy as a way of dealing with stress.

hard long night last night. I think when I don’t get good sleep it gets harder.

I hope the rest of you ass doing ok.

PC

17. Apeman

Apeman It means you're a baboon... And I'm not

Thanks for the thoughtful answer, PC!

Keep up the good work.

[​IMG]

18. Professor Chaos

Day 108

no worries Apeman. Thanks for hanging around.

P-storm has passed. Have pulled a muscle in my back so hobbling around like an old man. Need to get my workout routine in order. Too much time sitting around both because of lock down and baby. Need to get my fitness back. Just gotta get this back issue sorted.

hope everyone else doing well.

PC.

19. -Luke-

-Luke- Well-Known Member

I hope your back feels better soon. What can be helpful is just hanging from a bar (if you have one). It decompresses the spine and might relieve some tension.

20. Professor Chaos

Day 121.

back feeling better. Trying to get back into doing some yoga. Baby life is hard in the first few months. Long weekend, so good to get out of town. Been feeling restless. Browsing Instagram, not good. That shits crack. Going to delete the app from my phone now. Good to come back her to reaffirm what I’m doing. Need to take a break from news sites as well. Too much information.

hope everyone else is getting their shit sorted.

PC