Farewell Happy Place

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Living, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Living

Living Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago I used to have a journal in the 30's section and while I stopped using the forum regularly I said that I wouldn't leave before I said goodbye. Well, I think that day has come today. And since I turned 40 a while a back I guess this is the place to say so:)

At first I started on a long post with some obviously incredibly importants lessons I've learned over the last couple of months, but I guess I have been long enough on the internet to know that these lessons will never be nearly as important to you as I think they should be. We are all fighting our own battles and from what I've seen over the years is that a lot of us our actually doing well. We might not always realize this, but I think a lot of you are making great steps.

Currently my own life is going well too. This is mostly because I'm spending more time with the things that I value. I started calling people instead of texting them, reduced my phone/internet use in general, spend more time reading and just noticed a hawfinch just because I started paying more attention:) These are troubling times, but that gives us all the more reason to do something about it.

Anyway, I hope this will be my last post here. Thank you for all the comments, discussions and just being there in general. I hope you will all find a way to deal with your problems and lead a life that you find fulfilling. Fare well!

p.s. It's not the best book in the world, but reading 'Digital minimalism' by Cal Newport might be worth your time;)

2. Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Well-Known Member

Hey man, it was a pleasure to read your posts and to follow your journey. We haven’t had the chance to exchange, but I always enjoyed reading what you had to write. Congratulations for the steps you’ve made in your life. Best of luck, friend.

3. Swimming in Circles

Swimming in Circles New Member

It makes me so happy whenever I read posts like this - We're all proud of you man. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, and giving us hope that one day we'll all come out on the other side of this like you have.

4. Pete McVries

Pete McVries Well-Known Member

Goodbye Living! I've learned a lot from you especially because our opinions differed sometimes. All the best for your future and thanks for the book recommendation!

Take care! :)

NewStart19 likes this.
  5. NewStart19

NewStart19 Well-Known Member

@Living

Thank you for taking the time to say farewell. Pardon the terrible pun, but I was glad to read that you are "living" your life more fully. Best of luck with today, tomorrow, and all that comes afterward. Take care!

6. -Luke-

-Luke- Well-Known Member

Hey Living, I'm glad you're doing well. You were a great support and role model for me in difficult times. I will not forget that.

I wish you all the best for the future!

7. badger

badger Active Member

take care my brother. Godspeed

8. Mozenjo

Mozenjo Well-Known Member

Wishing you the best, man.

9. Thelongwayhome27

Thelongwayhome27 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed meeting you on here Living. I wish you all the best forward, fare well ! :)

10. Gil79

Gil79 Seize the day

Hey Living,

thanks so much for your contributions to this board and for your interesting points of view. I have learned a lot from you. I understand your decision to 'move on' and as you said it yourself, actually you and many of us are doing really well. Het ga je goed!

Gil

11. Living

Living Well-Known Member

Just wanted to make one more post to thank you guys for the responses. It really does mean a lot:)