Determined to Live; Failure is not an Option

Discussion in 'Ages 20-24' started by rcfergie5, Jun 1, 2012.

1. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

Re: Bringing Anxiety to it's Knees; A Golden Life Waiting to Happen

@Sexual healing I don't even have a part time job, and I don't want one, until after I graduate from Adult Transition.

@cAndide if you saw me, I wouldn't even seem to have Asperger's, but I actually have a hard time paying attentions like those with Asperger's, sometimes, unless it's something I'm interested in, I even like to talk about things I'm interested in. And I don't always like to be around very noisy people. I used to not want to be around people, now I'm exactly the opposite. Oh, and I do consider myself and how people see me at first regarding my stature, so I keep a good attitude and smile.. At least I can try haha

In grand total, all at the same time, I greeted three dozen people, small talked a dozen, and walked up to four girls and asked for the time only. Actually, I walked up to two of them twice in a row (the last two were studying a subject, so I politely asked if I didn't interrupt them as I walked up), exactly an hour and 3/4 seperately. One time I asked, was 10:15 AM, and the second time was about noon.

I honestly never thought approaching would be so easy, but I'm quickly gonna get used to it.

2. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

On top of all that, I walked 3 miles 'round the track, did 400lbs for 10 sets of 10 (last rep being being a 10-second negative, 10-second pause) on leg press, and 35 minutes on the upright bike, making 10.08 miles and burning 266 calories! That shall burn off all the pizza and yogurt haha.

3. Sexual-healing

Sexual-healing Face it, to overcome it.

Alright, fair enough.

I just thought having a part time job might bring a lot of benefits in your case. You'll meet new people (colleagues and customers/clients), you'll gain a lot of social skills (depends on the kind of job but ok), it's financially good and it'll get you rid of boredom.

I don't want to sound like a parent and I'm not forcing you to do anything, but it might be really helpful.

Again.. it's your life so do with it whatever you want. I'm just trying to help and wishing you the best.

4. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

I appreciate what you're trying to do, buddy. I was just saying I got a couple months plus summer school to do volunteer working, and then I will get started on getting a job. And then my social skills will grow even more, without a doubt. I'll even save more money, by making them even quicker. So getting a job is definitely considered.

5. gameover

gameover Age: 26

Getting dropped right in to work improved my social skills from hardly saying much and being really nervous to being able to communicate properly with customers, make new friends, speak up and talk amongst groups etc I think a job will help you and force you to interact really well with others.

6. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

I don't need a job to improve my social skills. They are already getting pretty good, the results speak for themselves. The only thing a job would help me with--when I get one--is making more money, even enough to get a car, much less my own place.

7. Sexual-healing

I think you underestimate the benefits of having a job. It involves so much more than making money. It'll speed up your goal to bring anxiety to it's knees tremendously.

But again, if you're happy with how things are going that's fine. That's the most important thing.

8. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

Not all jobs are cut out to help your social skills, and anyone with a brain stem would know even a person with a great job still doesn't get laid if he's afraid to touch a girl, even if he can talk to girls. Facts are facts.

I'm beating anxiety to get laid, not solely improve my social skills. And I won't get a job just because anyone says it'll improve my confidence or social skills... I will get a job because I want to get that job.

I know this isn't an insult, but honestly I took it like one.. Why do you people assume one thing will work for everybody.. I'm not underestimating shit, in fact, I know the benefits due to volunteer work, my work experience has gotten better, and so did my social skills, but only to an extent, and btw, you people should know jobs don't necessarily speed up overcoming anxiety, so I do not fully agree... I think you people overestimate that, putting jobs on the pedastal. Everybody's different! Just because one improves social skills vastly due to jobs doesn't mean another will. Results vary!

And IMHO, getting a job will only be good for my experience and making money, provided I already have a positive attitude and great social skills. So nobody else give me that getting-a-job-will-improve-your-confidence bullshit.

The truth is, in order for me to speed up my improvement, I have to keep doing one drill often, and taking baby steps. Case in point, I have to keep working on getting used to approaching and talking to girls.. And I'm perfectly, and above that, honestly happy with how things are going, right now.

9. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

I swear, I feel like I'm being pressured to do things I don't want to do at this moment, or at all.. Or act a certain way. That's why I take things like that as an insult, sometimes. Especially when I find them so goddamned confounding.

But it's true for me.. Taking baby steps by doing anxiety drills improves my social skills much better than a job ever will.

10. Sexual-healing

I'm sorry man. I didn't know you would take it like this..

I'm just trying to help you by thinking of things that might get you rid of your anxieties..

If you disagree that's fine, but don't take it too hard. I'm not pressuring you to do anything, that's what you make of it.

11. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

Sorry I had to take it like that, but that was because my mind was exhausted. I know this because everytime I do those anxiety drills, I feel exhausted mentally, the next day. But then it's like I'm doing the drills every other day, so I guess that's okay. If I was re-energized, I wouldn't have taken it that bad. I was just pretty burnt out since the morning, that's all. We've all been there.

At least this yoga class confirms this: yoga energizes you a bit, in this case, enough to have had greeted a male student, and small talked Susan (who I walked up to and hugged, while shaking her hand) and another male, and I even complimented her for her hair at the end of class.. Now I'm about to do some weight lifting.

12. Sexual-healing

It's alright buddy.

Just looking out for you.

13. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

So I'm now pretty exhausted both physically and mentally, thanks to today's workout. Dumbbell bench press, I did 90x25!, then 90x2x10, and 90x5 paused reps, last rep being a 6-7 second negative, 295x15 and 100x35 no rest on chest press, and 30x2x10 on dumbbell flies. I then did 55x7 dumbbell curls and 55x6 hammer curls both on a preacher bench. And now I'm taking the rest of the week, and the next week off exercising.

Also, earlier this morning I missed a bus so I walked for 69 minutes to find another bus stop. We're talking 3-4 miles! And then when I got to yoga class, I was 5 minutes late.

Overall, today was okay.

14. J.P.

J.P. Active Member

I have never seen a workout described in such a manner with numbers etc.

In English? lol

15. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

90x25 is 90lbs for 25 reps, while 90x2x10 is 90lbs for 2 sets of 10 reps.

16. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

Day 366 (that's over a year!) Overall, Week 42 PMO Free

Just yesterday, I walked up 5 (twice again I walked up to two women at once!) women and asked for the time in 8 minutes! That's a lot faster than 3 days ago when I was walking up to four women (two women at the same time, twice) and asking for the time in exactly 1 3/4 hours! Social anxiety has virtually deminished, and now the same thing is happening to approach anxiety!

I only asked five women for the time and no more, so I potentially don't feel mentally enhausted today. Plus since the caffeine withdrawal, I went from sleeping 11-12 hours to sleeping at least 9 hours!

17. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

Update: I began to realize, that either energized or exhausted, I've improved tremendously regardless. When I starting working on my anxiety, I could only say hi to some neighbors and locals, and not really say hello to a college student or even a yoga classmate, and that's during my energetic state. My enxhausted state, I couldn't do shit, could hardly even say a word to most of the people I knew the most.

Now in my energetic state, I managed to walk up to a total of five women and ask for the time in 8 minutes. And while I'm less exhausted than usual, I'm still in my exhausted state, and before yoga, I said hi to a female yoga classmate, then after yoga, I talked to the same girl, asking what her weekend was gonna be, and I told her I was gonna go to the library, check out a few DVDs and watch the movies this Saturday, then go to the movies with my buddy Paul to see Jurassic Park in 3-D. I did the same thing with Susan and a male classmate named Thomas.

18. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

Bodyweight in clothes is down to 231, post-workout, and I was already 232 pre-workout, so my nude bodyweight is around 229lbs! I did 12.59 miles on the bike in 35 minutes, and I don't plan on lifting any weights for almost a couple weeks, due to the fact I'm physically burning out.

My endurance improved since I walked a lot of miles this week. And I feel good about it.

19. rcfergie5

rcfergie5 Guest

I MO'd only twice today, which is much better than having MO'd seven times, twice (second time was four days ago), recently. Second time I MO'd, I tried doing it with a condom, and even though it wasn't rock hard, I still couldn't put the fucker on, because it proved to be too small for me. And it's the standard size, the health center apparently only provides standard size condoms. And I'm a 6.5 x 5.5, 6" girth at the base (glans) so I probably need bigger condoms than that. It still felt good lubricated, though!

If I can MO less today than I did four days ago, I can surely take the next step by completely stopping.

Also, if anyone can tell me which brand of condoms I should buy and what size to wear, I gladly appreciate it.

20. Sexual-healing

Good going on the bodyweight. But isn't a few weeks pause a little too much? Don't let all your training go to waste!

A few days rest or many a week won't be a problem. When you start lifting weight again just try to take it slowly but keep on stimulating those muscles! They'll get used to it.

Lifting weights is sometimes even better to lose fat because your body consumes a lot of fat to feed your muscle growth.