Could this be the answer to my problem?

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by ananoman, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

I know there are many of us here going on this journey in hopes of finding the promised land flowing with milk and honey... a land where there is no chaser effect, a land where there is no fatigue, lethargy, and brain fog after having sex with orgasm.
    My take on this is a bit different. I don't think the chaser effect ever goes away- I think it is just the way we are wired. We get that dopamine rush from having sex and over the next 24-72 hours our brain wants more.

I do believe that we can reach a point where we do not notice fatigue, brain fog or lethargy after sex, but i think there will always be a limit to how much sex we can have in a short period of time before the fatigue, brain fog and lethargy kick in. We just have to figure out that refractory period.

Boxer17 likes this.
  2. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

checking in with nothing new to report, other than the fact that I had a cystoscopy where the doc put a probe into my bladder to see if my prostate might be causing issues and everything looked good. Its possible the PAE procedure may have actually really shrunk my prostate, so my continued nighttime visits to the bathroom could be due to Over Active Bladder which kind of goes hand in hand with BPH. He is trying me on a med to deal with the OAB. We shall see if it works.

3. Boxer17

Boxer17 Active Member

Good to hear probe showed up clean. I hope the new meds help the oab. Getting up several times a night can really affect quality of life

4. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

screwed up yet again.... couldn't even make it a week. I think I'm going to have to install measures to keep me from doing this to myself. Going to look at K9

5. fcjl8

fcjl8 The only path for me

Hi ananoman, Please don't give up the fight. You are a great man. You deserve freedom from this. Count the days you had free as blessings and progress!

6. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

K9 works, if you give a trusted ally the key. At least it's worked for me!

7. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

feeling really good today. Sleep has been decent. Yesterday and today I'm really feeling the urges to cave and almost did but right now I am still standing firm

8. fcjl8

fcjl8 The only path for me

You did not cave! Man, that is all it takes... no caving brother! Glad you are well.

9. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

I ended up caving over the weekend. I have now installed K9 on my laptop and home computer but could not find a good blocker for my iPhone. Anyone have a suggestion?

I continue to search for health answers and am focusing on diet, gut health, and neurochemical balance. Unfortunately my wife has become quite upset with all that I am trying to do, especially my current testosterone replacement therapy which I have been having issues with. She thinks all that I am doing is wrecking my body.

My Testosterone Replacement Therapy has been causing my Hematocrit to get too high so I have been donating blood to get it under control. I'm also unsure whether it could be contributing to my Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and sleep issues. I just recently had to get rid of my TRT doc as he was clearly clueless. I had educated myself online about the particulars of TRT and his knowledge was outdated and frankly wrong. I have found a new doc who hopefully will be better.

10. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

anyone with any good alternatives to the K9 web blocker? It apparently hasn't been kept current with the IOS browsers and my laptop has been unusable as it keeps crashing every time.

11. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

So it has been a difficult few weeks. I decided to try and go off of the Testosterone replacement therapy, and that journey lasted all of one week. I had already been lowering my dose to very low levels, and stopping just put me into a serious fog. It took effort to just stay awake and alert.

My urologist also decided to try and see if Finasteride would help my BPH. Unfortunately one of the sides is decreased libido and I felt that within a week. The combination of the libido issue (my love making with the wife was a D minus) coupled with just going back onto the TRT put me in a place where I ended up caving to viewing P.

I'm now paying for that with the usual sadness, disappointment and emptiness that follows.

Newman8888 likes this.
  12. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

I use K9 but I know for a fact that there are plenty of other options to try. Pick one and give it a try. :)

Wow, brother, you are in a difficult position, but there is a solution and a way out...you have to believe that you will find it and keeping trying things! It seems pretty obvious that you should stay on TRT, but, I'm very wary of Finasteride, having heard a lot of horror stories.

I realize that I probably have the reputation of "ozone man" on here, but I would try some natural BPH herbs before going on a drug like that. Doctor's don't like herbs, but they often work as good as meds with zero sides.

Chin up, that was a serious rollercoaster you just went through.

Newman8888 likes this.
  13. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

Its been a brutal few days at work and I feel like I'm totally spent. Yesterday I was so tired I put my head down to rest at 7 pm and, other than a few trips to the bathroom, I slept until 7 am. Even then, I am exhausted today. Maybe I'm burned out?

BTW- what happened to all our counters? I don't see them anymore- for anyone

14. ananoman

ananoman Active Member

So two nights ago I logged in over 10 hours of sleep. Last night? nearly 9. Its amazing how tired I've been. Since July of 2016 I rarely get more than 7.5 hours of actual sleep. The joys of growing old

15. Boxer17

Boxer17 Active Member

I hear you ananoman. Getting rested over the night has such a bearing on the coming day. Here's to hoping your "refreshment" bank account replenishes

16. 40New30

40New30 Keep going

Lately I have been sleeping like 9 hours a night, easily...rebooters need a little extra sleep.