Approaching Women in day time - Who is ready? Or is working toward it?

Discussion in 'Social Advice' started by WaveRace, Jun 26, 2014.

1. WaveRace

WaveRace New Member

Alright men.

I have come to the conclusion that I am ready for day time public approaches. Not at bars and not at night. Success is more likely during the day.

For some context - I live in Canada in BC. Our city has some local perceptions that "the dating scene is hard" or something similar. We have a college, 2 universities and more school/learning places than any other city with over 200,000 people. Women are plentiful, especially Asian and foreign exchange.

To the point: I am done with being a victim, blaming, whining, coping out, being a wuss bag, living in fear of rejection.
    I know that some on here are NOT in the same place. I respect that. The question is: Can you eventually get to a place within yourself where you will be able to do calm, confident and non creepy approaches?

While I am not a dating coach fan or follower of particular strategies. Adam LoDolce - Go Talk To Her, makes some good points that women do like being approached. Sure some give off signals indicating otherwise. Then don't bother with those women. There must be many women who are tired of lame online and pick up lines. They'd be fine with some normal chat about something that you can converse about. I think so many of us make it harder than it is. Really.

I can recall two dozen or more good opportunities where on the bus or in public women gave me at least 3 looks with eye contact and it was clear to me they were interested. All the signs were there in hindsight. The thing is, it was when I was not focused or fixated on just finding someone, anyone, who will give me the signals. I was over thinking it, analyzing it. I don't just mean simple thoughts, I was getting to over way processed. So she says no, fine, my life still continues on.

I did not approach these women. Now I am ready to. Anyone else?

2. hsf.lpd

hsf.lpd Light Pure Strong Confident Love Alive Disciplined

Awesome! I want to do the same thing!

Will be checking up on this thread.

Good luck!

3. Panonymos

Panonymos Humility is a virtue

Practice makes perfect boys!

4. Primetime

Primetime New Member

I actually wanted to get into approaching more, but I already found my girlfriend. I'd like to get better.. but maybe I'll have to do a less girls-focused approach. Maybe I can just focus on making more small talk with people in general.

5. WaveRace

WaveRace New Member

It is definitely challenging. It's one thing to talk all confident about it, but a completely different environment when out there in real time.

6. hsf.lpd

hsf.lpd Light Pure Strong Confident Love Alive Disciplined

So true! Out there is gets SOOOO REAL it's scary. I've only done the smallest steps like talking to random people and stuff. Every insecurity and lack of confidence will surface. But, it's great because I believe that if you become good at it, you really really GROW as a person as a result.

Also, the key is to not give up, I remember one time I was kinda trying to just say hi to people and talk with them in the daytime, and it was the hardest thing ever. I fell into some kind of a depression,sadness,fear, mode and it took some STRUGGLING , but after some time, I fell into quite the opposite mode , where I was just ON, and people and girls responded really well.

I've done it like 2 times in my life in daytime, and then stopped, but now I will have the time to do it for real THIS SUMMER! :)

7. WaveRace

WaveRace New Member

As my intention has just been talking to women and learning as I go, I'm finding the most challenging environment is on city buses. I'll usually sit at the back and then I can see a broad view of who gets on, look toward me and/or sits in the back too.

I'm dealing with the self conscious being too concerned with other people hearing me and watching me.

8. WaveRace

WaveRace New Member

I have had conversations turn into number exchanges with three women on the buses in the last two weeks. The first one led to some fun stuff and the other two I am not sure if they gave me their numbers to just be nice, but its only been a few days. I'll maybe try to call em up.

Also have been initiating conversations with women where I had no motive and was not trying to get anything. The point is just to see how they respond. If I can see and feel that there is a chance then I'll take it further.

One thing to emphasis is that I can see why so many on here and on the internet advise to not over analyze or obsessively prepare for conversation attempts. Two weeks ago I found myself doing that and getting tunnel vision.

I have chilled out and just observe things around me and people seem to come out of nowhere. Like the Filipino woman who I've seen twice at the same bus stop and I had no clue she would be there.