Another shot at it

Discussion in 'Ages -19' started by Ccman123, May 30, 2020.

1. Ccman123

Ccman123 Member

Just relapsed after a 70 day streak. I became too comfortable these last couple days and as a result, became complacent. The next time I show up here it will be a success story. I won't be defined by pmo and pied.

I was able to get this far because I took the steps to quit forever. I permanently deleted my social media accounts; I made sure to spend more time with my friends; I journaled every morning, and I worked out, meditated and had cold showers almost every day. What I didn't do well was I started procrastinating schoolwork and only doing things at the last possible minute; I laid in bed for hours in the morning after waking up, waiting for some spark of motivation to somehow de-paralyze me; I didn't do as much for my family as I would have liked to, and I recently, I started listening to music or watching youtube as soon as I woke up. I'm going to work on these things, and no matter what I won't give in to the chaser effect.

2. Ccman123

Ccman123 Member

I also wanted to add that this past streak has conquered A LOT of my triggers. It seems that after every long streak, I've conquered another area of this monster. After spending a full days processing my relapse, I'm now realizing just how much I've grown, despite not having my pied cured. I'm incredibly motivated to keep trying.

NewStart19 likes this.
  3. Ccman123

Ccman123 Member

I've been feeling pressure around my right temple and I have felt this once before, when I was deep into my last streak. I'm curious if I can physically feel my brain rewiring or if this is just a coincidence and unrelated.