An online survey to research internet addiction - want to participate?

Discussion in 'Internet Addiction' started by Gary Wilson, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Gary Wilson

Gary Wilson Active Member

A great way to influence the data -

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/internetuseresearch

DESCRIPTION

This survey is part of a Professional Doctorate research project for Tania McMahon.
    The purpose of this project is to better understand the different features associated with excessive internet use (i.e., spending too much time online). It is hoped that this information may help the researchers develop a specific set of criteria for the disorder, if there is evidence to show it exists.

You are invited to participate in this project because the research team is looking for individuals aged 16 and over who speak fluent English and consider themselves to have MILD TO SEVERE PROBLEMS with their internet use, and you have identified yourself as falling within this category.

2. TheUnderdog

TheUnderdog Active Member Staff Member

3. diz

diz Member

Me 2 :)

4. LordVader

LordVader Guest

5. BreakingIntoReality

BreakingIntoReality New Member

Participated, but my results are sort of an oddity since they're heavily affected by my quitting PMO/Video Games (I've pushed myself into heavier internet use than I had before, since I used to do other things on the computer; they were addictive things). My concentration is shit because of withdrawals from all my other addictions, and still being addicted to the internet, and basically no social contact. It's hard to break out of. I've tried to read, I can't hold my attention. I remember years ago being able to easily read >100 pages of a book in a half day. Now I struggle to muddle through 10. I don't know if just quitting the internet will fix this, and the other withdrawals going away, but I hope I can get that ability back in time. When you can't focus there's not much you can do, kind of a waiting game. I expect it to blow over in the coming weeks. At least I'm losing weight since exercise is about all I can pull off well right now.

6. Stopper

Stopper IT'S OVER!!!

Done. If it's still relevant even.

7. DrSwole

DrSwole New Member

8. KanagawaWave

KanagawaWave Switch

Happy to do it ;)

9. flamingwind

flamingwind Guest

just did it