American girls vs. European girls

Discussion in 'Social Advice' started by Scarface, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Scarface

Scarface New Member

Has anyone else noticed that there's a huge difference between talking to European girls vs. talking to American girls? (*) (* *)

I'm an American, but I enjoy talking to European girls a lot more and find them a lot easier for me to flirt with and get positive feedback from. I'm very direct with my words, and this causes some weird reactions with American girls. They always dance around the topics, they think I'm strange when I flirt with them outright and act like it's awkward, and they seem so entrenched in the American dating rituals (like what to do on the first date, how soon you should text back, whether it's okay to discuss this or that over text vs phone vs in person, etc) that whenever I break one of the rules just because it feels natural, they don't know what to do and just get turned off.

I think European girls are more direct with their words, so they are completely comfortable whenever I am, and they just go with the flow. They'll want to have full-on conversations with you just via Facebook while you're at work or something, and they don't seem to have some kind of break in their mind that says "wait, I shouldn't respond this soon because rules". They're also generally a lot smarter and more open-minded than the girls I've met in the American South, but that just depends on local education systems, I guess.

It seems like American girls just take a lot more energy and knowledge of all the proper "chess moves".

Another comparison is in self-security. The European girls I've met have all been a lot more secure in themselves than the American girls I met. Here in the American South anyway, the women often look VERY "made-up". Their hair will be dyed some combination of browns and blondes and blacks, and they'll have a ton of makeup on. Yet they still don't seem to know how to dress "nicely", just "cutely". In fact, much of their wardrobe is made up of fads and trendy clothing, so that they just fit into the crowd, but in 10 years will look back and say "I can't believe I wore that". And you can tell they're more self-conscious about their appearance, especially given all the selfies they keep taking.

In Central Europe I saw a lot more natural women, with their natural hair color, but dressed nicely (no fads or anything, just normal but pretty clothes) and looking beautiful and confident in themselves. And on their Facebooks: a lot less selfies.

So what do you guys think?

(*) Background: My experience has been comparing American girls (from the American South) to European girls (mainly from Central/Eastern Europe, Slavic countries). But I think this might apply to other girls in other parts of the world.

(* *) And a disclaimer: I know every person is different, and no generalization is 100% true, but that's just it, it's a generalization, so I'm speaking in general.

2. ls558

ls558 Member

(North) American girls have less sex, so their loss. What you say is true, it's about the chess moves and the rituals. There are still a few in the crowd who see through it, so you need to either find them, or look elsewhere. I tend to have more luck with asian women, not sure why, that's just how it goes.

It's a symptom of something deeper. North America is obsessed with consumerism like nowhere else. We are programmed by the TV, and associate everything with consumption. You are valued based on how much you are able to consume. You show off to your friends by how much you can consume. The "American Dream" is about being able to consume more.

It is no wonder then, that women see themselves as a commodity that goes to the highest bidder. And that men see women and sex as something to be bought.

3. Psalm Reborn

Psalm Reborn New Member

I am from Europe and I live in the Deep South. I found the girls here to be either ultra puritanist or on the other hand can only have casual relationships and nothing serious. There is also a tradition of dating many people at the same time, which is not thr way we do it back home. Back home its faster to be in a relationship and we focus on one person at a time. F it doesnt work out, you go to the next one. Here, its a game of dating as many girls as possible at the same time because most of them wont want to take it seriously. I also dated a girl from the Northern US and she was more like european girls. In my honest opinion, the concept of a relationship is pretty messed up in the US. Maybe it has been spoiled by the consumerist way of life.

4. Primetime

Primetime New Member

I'm European and I've got to say I much prefer girls from outside of Europe. I've had one American girl and she was great, absolutely not like you described. But then again, that's not very statistically significant. Maybe it has more to do with the fact that the girls we meet are from a different continent and are travelling the world, which means they are already more open to knew experiences and maybe a little more laid back then your average puritan European or chess-playing American. I'm sure there are lots of cool American girls too, but they're out here in Europe fucking us, suck it bitch! ;D

Edit: I skimmed your post first but I see you actually visited Europe yourself, so my theory is out. I don't have a large-scale experience with American girls, so I don't know if they are worse than Europeans. But I've got to say I am not a big fan of European girls in general. (Except German girls. Gotta fucking love German girls.)

5. Mart71

Mart71 Guest

I am from Germany and these kind of "american dating rituals" aren't as entrenched into the culture as they are supposed to be in the US. Here you basically do what you want and what both agree on, when you go on a date. Not much else to say about these kind of broad generalizations from my side.

6. Hello Penis My Old Friend

Hello Penis My Old Friend Well-Known Member

Never been to the US, but met a few American girls over here. They all (based on a sample of 3, ha) think they're doing you a massive favour by giving you a BJ.

I think that foreign girls cut you some slack with the "dating ritual" because one of you is probably communicating in a foreign language or because you have that x-factor thanks to being a foreigner.

7. Panonymos

Panonymos Humility is a virtue

Slavic girls are the best. Period.
    I am Greek and live most of my life in Holland. I have met girls from all over Europe. The Slavic girls are the most female. They are sweet and respectful.
    The more you go to the West, the more arrogant they become. I don't like the girls in Holland, they are more "masculine" in mentality and manners than the Dutch men.
    German girls I like much more. I don't know why.

I think that generally, humility is a virtue and many women and men have forgotten that. The more "civilized" they become, the more arrogant.

8. Primetime

Primetime New Member

Absolutely agree about the Dutch women. They're a bunch of bulldozers.

9. Panonymos

Whahahahaha.
    Damn right Primetime!

10. Mart71

Mart71 Guest

I want to meet dutch girls now. XD

11. Panonymos

Want to come over for the weekend?

12. Mart71

Mart71 Guest

LOL Well, my girlfriend is back in Sweden for three weeks - so it is tempting!

13. Panonymos

Hehehe... the whole weekend will be too much because I have to work a lot.
    But if you want to come for Saturday afternoon and evening, you are very welcome.
    We go drink beer, meet Dutch Bulldozer girls and you can stay at my place.

14. Gruznbyrg

Gruznbyrg New Member

I don't have a whole lot of experience, but I've found with the few Russian/Ukrainian girls I've been with that they're much more into gender roles and stereotypical behaviours than American girls. Panonymous himself said that they are the most "feminine".

I've never liked having to be 'the man' and make all the moves. It feels like putting on a fake role. In my experience American girls are more likely to take initiative and just play less games in general (or what I perceive as games). If they're into me they'll let me know. If they wanna fuck me they'll let me know. The little experience I've had with Slavic women has been that I always gotta me the one to call, to take out, to make the move, etc. I don't enjoy chasing and I don't wanna have to prove anything. I'd rather be honest and genuine and vulnerable (without being an emotional train-wreck)

But you know America (and the world) is a big place with lots of regional/racial/class divides so it's hard to generalize from one person's limited experience.

I also agree with Hello that communicating across cultures is very different. If someone is eager to interact with a foreigner they'll cut you a lot of slack and a lot of the rules of society are ignored because you aren't expected to know them. If their Russian boyfriend ignored some dating norm they might think he was acting inappropriately/didn't care about them/etc, but if you do it, it's because you just don't know it and you get a pass.

15. Scarface

Scarface New Member

Yeah, I definitely considered the foreigner factor too. It might be easier for me as a foreigner just because it does create a certain base level of interest in a girl if she knows you're foreign (if you don't flaunt it). That edge isn't there for me with American girls, so it can be more tedious and boring going through the process.

You're probably right! Hahaha

Are German girls really that great? I don't know so many of them. I've just heard Poles joke about how their women are so much prettier than the Germans. So far, I can't deny that.

16. gameover

gameover Age: 26

You should try talking to Australian girls, Particularly from Sydney.

I think the only thing worse than an American girl would be an Australian Girl brought up on American Drama TV.

17. Primetime

Primetime New Member

Nah I don't know if German girls are that great. But I just love Germany, I love their food, the people, the old cities. I just always feel really nice in Germany, so I guess that's why I want to fuck their bitches too. There are definitely a lot of hot German girls though, but I think you have those everywhere. It's just a matter of taste. Some guys may even like our Dutch bulldozers!

18. Hahaha "Dutch women are bulldozers."

I will say that once in a while you will find a GORGEOUS Dutch girl...rosy cheeks, blue eyes, blonde hair...if that's what you're into. But generally, they are tall bulldozers.

However, most have nice butts due to pedaling around on bikes all day.

19. Hello Penis My Old Friend

Hello Penis My Old Friend Well-Known Member

I must have been lucky because I've let loads of smoking hot Dutch women.

20. Imo, Spain is where it's at. I couldn't walk down a street in Barcelona without walking past smoking hot females left and right, straight up staring and then turning around like a 13 year old. Maybe that has to do with my type being darker women, but still. Damn.