ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS - L A U R Y N A S

Discussion in 'Ages -19' started by Laurynas, Apr 18, 2012.

1. sanzok

sanzok New Member

hehe guys guys, chill out :D It's only lithuanian.. and what i said was "Enjoy your three stars for now mate, i'll climb my way to 300th day pretty soon too ;)"

2. Chammorrow

Chammorrow Member

Haha all right

i just got confused with the numbers combination with letters

That should be a fun language to speak :)

3. sanzok

sanzok New Member

Well there was just a one "inside(lithuanian)" joke i mentioned there, but i didn't think it was needed to tell,as it takes some time to elaborate it for it to make sense ;D

And i suppose any language is fun to speak, though i guess it looks more appealing since Laurynas is one of the long rebooters and you have lots of respect for him :)

4. Laurynas

Laurynas 300 Days+ Experienced.

Ką aš su tom žvaigždutėm veiksiu? Adidas su 3paloskėm bent jau praktiškai išnaudoti galėsiu. : D Kai tavo 300oji ateis tai ir keisk savo paloskes į žvaigždutes, o aš geriau pasportuosiu. :] Tie du apie galaktikas svaigti pradėjo, ot ufonautai. : D (The fun part is you won't be able to google translate what was just said, at least not the meaning behind it, lol).

@Cham, some say our language is one of the hardest in the world to learn, want a challenge for yourself? :p

5. Chammorrow

Chammorrow Member

Lol Don't tempt me Laurynas haha

6. h0p3

h0p3 Hope, Faith and Willpower to all of us.

Hello Laurynas, as my beginning is almost identical to yours, could you please stop by my journal and tell me what you think, I'd really appreciate it, I'm just so confused, I have no idea what to do ._.

7. Laurynas

Sure, when I'll have some time, maybe later today.

@Cham, *tempt* *tempt* lol, haha.

8. Laurynas

Ahhhhh. Well this is sorta of a rant what garbage TV is, although I don't have much time left and I'm not sure whether I'll keep on logging to the forum when I move out - I'll post some stuff to enlighten..

9. Laurynas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1aSjKr95g

This prank is epic, lol.

10. Laurynas

[​IMG]
    Everyone in the apartment complex I lived in knew who Ugly was. Ugly was the resident tomcat.

Ugly loved three things in this world: fighting, eating garbage, and shall we say, love. The combination of these things combined with a life spent outside had their effect on Ugly.

To start with, he had only one eye, and where the other should have been was a gaping hole. He was also missing his ear on the same side, his left foot has appeared to have been badly broken at one time, and had healed at an unnatural angle, making him look like he was always turning the corner. His tail has long since been lost, leaving only the smallest stub, which he would constantly jerk and twitch. Ugly would have been a dark gray tabby striped-type, except for the sores covering his head, neck, even his shoulders with thick, yellowing scabs.

Every time someone saw Ugly there was the same reaction. “That’s one UGLY cat!!”

All the children were warned not to touch him, the adults threw rocks at him, hosed him down, squirted him when he tried to come in their homes, or shut his paws in the door when he would not leave.

Ugly always had the same reaction. If you turned the hose on him, he would stand there, getting soaked until you gave up and quit. If you threw things at him, he would curl his lanky body around feet in forgiveness. Whenever he spied children, he would come running meowing frantically and bump his head against their hands, begging for their love. If you ever picked him up he would immediately begin suckling on your shirt, earrings, whatever he could find.

One day Ugly shared his love with the neighbors huskies. They did not respond kindly, and Ugly was badly mauled. From my apartment I could hear his screams, and I tried to rush to his aid. By the time I got to where he was laying, it was apparent Ugly’s sad life was almost at an end.

Ugly lay in a wet circle, his back legs and lower back twisted grossly out of shape, a gaping tear in the white strip of fur that ran down his front. As I picked him up and tried to carry him home I could hear him wheezing and gasping, and could feel him struggling. I must be hurting him terribly I thought.

Then I felt a familiar tugging, sucking sensation on my ear – Ugly, in so much pain, suffering and obviously dying was trying to suckle my ear. I pulled him closer to me, and he bumped the palm of my hand with his head, then he turned his one golden eye towards me, and I could hear the distinct sound of purring. Even in the greatest pain, that ugly battled-scarred cat was asking only for a little affection, perhaps some compassion.

At that moment I thought Ugly was the most beautiful, loving creature I had ever seen. Never once did he try to bite or scratch me, or even try to get away from me, or struggle in any way. Ugly just looked up at me completely trusting in me to relieve his pain.

Ugly died in my arms before I could get inside, but I sat and held him for a long time afterwards, thinking about how one scarred, deformed little stray could so alter my opinion about what it means to have true pureness of spirit, to love so totally and truly. Ugly taught me more about giving and compassion than a thousand books, lectures, or talk show specials ever could, and for that I will always be thankful. He had been scarred on the outside, but I was scarred on the inside, and it was time for me to move on and learn to love truly and deeply. To give my total to those I cared for.

Many people want to be richer, more successful, well liked, beautiful, but for me, I will always try to be Ugly.

11. Chammorrow

Chammorrow Member

Laurynas

It's funny how things in life turns out. After a few days of me making the comments about your language, we had a woman from Lithuania come to our class and talk about studying abroad at Lithuania. She made us recite some words, that I can recall now, and told us about the history of this country.

Excuse my ignorance but for some reason, I always thought that Lithuania was in South America.....oh boy was I wrong!! I never was too good with geography, but I know exactly where it is at now, and I can also now understand the type of person you are because of your heritage..and now I also has a more accurate mental image of you also. You don't look latino anymore lol

However, because of my strenuous major, I won't be able to go study abroad anytime soon...unless they offer it during a summer, but those would be very expensive.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the support that you have given me throughout the half year that I've been on the forum. I didn't realize most of the time that we were the same age but we are. It's truly impressive how much of a intellectual powerhouse we both are at this point of our lives. We do see things a little differently but the capacity is still there. I definitely have respect for one of YBR legends.

Hey man, you take care, we have our whole lives ahead of us..we both young, smart, and ambitious...lets take it up a notch and achieve the capacities that our lives can fulfill.

Thanks for everything

12. Pedigree

Pedigree Active Member

All right, stop cutting onions, man.

13. Laurynas

Haha, latino in South America, lol, made me laugh. :)

Appreciate the kind words buddy, we'll fulfill it, sooner than you think. ;)

Take care buddy, you'll do great, love ya (no homo/HOCD, lol).

14. Laurynas

Oops. :p These kind of stories make me appreciate life more.

15. J.P.

J.P. Active Member

Could you please post at least one happy ending story?

I agree with Pedigree, they make me tear up :(

I like to appreciate life too, but these stories really are conflicting, makes me feel like justice just isn't served sometimes, and I am big on justice.

I feel bad for that guy and his wife, and I feel bad for Ugly.

But thanks for the lessons either way, I want to be Ugly too.

16. Laurynas

@Jp91, perhaps one day.. :) These also have a happy ending, Ugly finally felt loved and the guy stayed an idol that trully loved his wife to his son.

[​IMG]

17. Laurynas

For those who wanted a happy ending..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BETWUePkGI#!

What a man!

18. Laurynas

All I want is people to become free and to be able to think on their own..
    All I want is people to become happy with themselves..
    All I want is people to realize that the elite doesn't want people who can't think on their own, that's why they use various tools such as TV, mainstream media, video games and other things to keep us entertained and to distract us from what's really going on..

Oscar Wilde said that if you want to tell something like I am telling now - tell in a way that would make them laugh or else they'll kill you/won't understand you..

But I decided to use the direct approach to keep it straight..

It's time to WAKE UP!

More at:
    http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/index.php?topic=6940.0

19. VeniVidiVici

VeniVidiVici New Member

Very Marxist view in a way, 'false consciousness' and all. Do agree with the above, although it's impossible to merely think independently. You'll always be influenced by something, doesn't make it impossible to strive towards it though.

20. Laurynas