A Better Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Ages 30-39' started by NewStart19, Aug 12, 2019.

1. catchingup

catchingup Active Member

Sending you big waves of love @NewStart19! Keep your hands out of your pants :)

NewStart19 likes this.
  2. NewStart19

NewStart19 Well-Known Member

@catchingup

Thanks! One thing I've noticed as I've started to stack up more days is that I am regaining some sensitivity down there. I noticed this when cleaning myself in the shower. The physical sensations with just soapy water were sensible, which, while interesting, were a little unnerving because they were reminding me of some other things as well. One more reason for me not to linger in the shower.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a message to all those who read this topic. I have decided to take yet another indefinite break from the forums. While I have definitely started to feel the grip of this addiction loosen a little, I am also aware that I am still in the convalescent period of recovery, and because of this want to play it safe until I feel I have made it to consistently calmer waters. The connection to others who are struggling with or who have struggled with this problem is great, but I have realized that posting regularly on the forums is at a point where it as a whole creates more interference than it does support. This is because, by checking the forums on a repeated basis, I am getting myself to think more about recovery than necessary. In the early stages, using the forums was a net positive, as having an additional resource to turn to was a relief amidst all the mental anguish I was going through. But now, as the process has ameliorated a bit, I find that going to the forums does more harm than good. But I think this is just the next phase of the process for me.

Not sure when I'll return, but I can confidently say expect good news. As I slowly regain self-trust, I find myself gradually feeling a restored sense of confidence. I look forward to sharing my recovery story with you all once I come back. And I also look forward to seeing good news from other members!

Take care

3. -Luke-

-Luke- Well-Known Member

Enjoy the time @NewStart19. I look forward to reading your stories when you come back.

NewStart19 likes this.
  4. Pete McVries

Pete McVries Well-Known Member

I will miss your thoughtful posts but wish you the best in going foward. Conquer the world and your addiction ;)

NewStart19 and Gil79 like this.
  5. Living

Living Well-Known Member

As you know I am in a similar situation and I really think that being away from here has done (and still does) me well. I hope it does the same for you! Good luck:)

NewStart19 likes this.
  6. Gil79

Gil79 Seize the day

Looking forward to hear from you again!

NewStart19 likes this.
  7. Thelongwayhome27

Thelongwayhome27 Well-Known Member

I'm a little late and not sure you will see this but all the best bro ! We're definitely somewhere in a similar boat with our addiction/bad habit/problem/curse (whatever it is) ... Good luck, good sail !

And sorry that I have not replied to your posts on my journal, but I appreciated them.

NewStart19 likes this.
  8. Doper

Doper Active Member

A tip of the hat to you, sir.

NewStart19 likes this.
  9. NewStart19

NewStart19 Well-Known Member

Incredible support from all of you guys. I really appreciate it.

I have to give you all something of value in return. I'm working on it. A sliver of inspiration, paltry though it may be. I want to give back to you and the other members of this community. And I will.

For now however, it's back to my self-imposed seclusion. I only returned to post on something I thought was important to bring to everyone's attention.

But I need to return to my journey of self-mastery. Only then will I feel worthy of contributing to this community once again.

There is something within I must stabilize my grip on. From there, I must cultivate and refine it, so that I can return with some valuable wisdom and compassion--inchoate though it may be--to share with others.

Wishing you all the best.

Take care

10. Shady

Shady Active Member

Loneliness is not a good thing.
    Keep yourself occupied at all times.