40 years of addiction are over

Discussion in 'Ages 40+' started by Paulier, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Paulier

Paulier New Member

Thanks Trev. Yeah, giving up Mr Booze would be good - he writes as he glugs from a large glass of something French and red.

Seriously, I think for me it's about really understanding (and this make take some time to get into my bones) what this is abput. As the Underdog says, this often about changing your whole life, not just giving up PMO.

Keep on keeping on all!

2. kd

kd New Member

Re: First 7 days of no PMO after 40 years of addiction

Exactly.

3. gettingthere

gettingthere New Member

Hiya Paul,
    You've done a lot of work on conquering this addiction. The decision is ours.
    Stay well,
    Gettingthere

4. spinergy

spinergy New Member

Hey Paulier--how's it going?

Stay strong!

5. Paulier

Paulier New Member

I'm good thanks Spinergy - hanging in there, good days and bad days, but on the path still. What about you?

6. Hardihood

Hardihood Member

Hey Paulier

thanks for the feed back on my Journal.
    I read your initial post and noticed you said you used this same method to quit pot. I'm 53, and have been smoking since I was 16. I don't think I could handle quitting pot at the same time. I like it and as I am a creative person, it helps me at times if I'm stumped. I also enjoy it in nature or listening to music, certain movies etc..But I also know that it feeds my anti-social behaviour, makes me paranoid. In this way it facilitates my PMO.

My question is, do you think its important for me to quit pot also? Or rather, did quitting help you with your PMO addiction, or is this a completely different ball park?

7. spinergy

spinergy New Member

Same here.

8. I guess Paulier dropped the forum...