Trouble Afoot's Recent Activity

1. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread It's now or never / running out of time.

When I quit for 3 months I found that a lot of my aches and pains started going away after about 7 weeks. After a month I had really...

May 5, 2021 at 11:45 AM
  2. Trouble Afoot liked Saville's post in the thread It's now or never / running out of time.

It took me 3 1/2 months of no sugar, no booze, to have my knees feel better. I'm older than you, but still the healing takes place. Your...

May 5, 2021 at 11:20 AM
  3. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread new here.

I just ordered that book today! I just know AA wouldn't be my thing. I mean no offense to anyone who it does work for I just don't...

May 3, 2021 at 10:32 PM
  4. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread new here.

Thank you for the feedback and I am taking it seriously. Last night I, somewhat reluctantly, joined soberrecovery.com. And let me tell...

May 3, 2021 at 10:17 PM
  5. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread new here.

Thanks for the advice badger. Though this is a NF forum I am also seeking, within it, to hear from people like you who have left the...

May 3, 2021 at 12:17 AM
  6. Trouble Afoot liked badger's post in the thread new here.

welcome my brother, i struggled with alcohol for over 35 years. caused me and my family many many problems. i have not...

May 3, 2021 at 12:05 AM
  7. Trouble Afoot liked Wolf333's post in the thread It's now or never / running out of time.

Hey Welcome and good luck. Life's not a crusade to demonstrate nothing to no one. Do stuff you like. Rather, do healthy stuff that...

May 3, 2021 at 12:03 AM
  8. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread It's now or never / running out of time.

Thanks @Wolf333 I appreciate the feedback. Meditation, which I have done some of, is a discipline with very real benefits. It's like a...

May 3, 2021 at 12:02 AM
  9. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread Came for the erections. Stayed for the happiness..

Thank you for the inspiration. I really appreciate you taking the time to write it. I can't wait until I've been at this long enough...

May 2, 2021 at 4:20 PM
  10. Trouble Afoot Fighting the good fight »

May 2, 2021 at 2:30 PM
  11. Trouble Afoot has a new avatar.

May 2, 2021 at 2:29 PM
  12. Trouble Afoot replied to the thread new here.

I am struggling with this. I'm 51 and drink 4 to 6 pints of 7% craft beer a night. It has affected my entire life and now it is...

May 2, 2021 at 1:48 PM
  13. Trouble Afoot posted a new thread.

It's now or never / running out of time

Hello everyone. It’s now or never. I am 51 and tackling a whole lot of issues at the same time. I have spent most of my life drinking...

Forum: Ages 40+

May 2, 2021 at 1:40 PM